Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing the contract

Options
  • 01-06-2017 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

Hi guys

We went sale agreed over 3 months ago and after a lot of back and forth we signed the contract. This has been a month ago.

Now we haven't heard anything back from the other side: i am chasing the agent to give me and update and when i finally get an answer they are along the lines of: i am chasing them, i believe etc. Our solicitor has sent a reminder to the other side asking to send the signed docs back but no joy

What can we do? Any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

og2k7 wrote: »
    Hi guys

We went sale agreed over 3 months ago and after a lot of back and forth we signed the contract. This has been a month ago.

Now we haven't heard anything back from the other side: i am chasing the agent to give me and update and when i finally get an answer they are along the lines of: i am chasing them, i believe etc. Our solicitor has sent a reminder to the other side asking to send the signed docs back but no joy

What can we do? Any advice would be appreciated

You can't do anything.

They may be holding out on their own new property are you in a chain?

Your options are to sit it out or put a closing date and pulling out offer on the contract.

That's about it . Unfortunately if it's chain you have nothing you can do

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

The other property is empty though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I'm assuming they haven't signed?

Nothing you can do - make sure to keep looking for other houses and get your solicitor to pull the contracts back if you find somewhere else - assuming that's possible.

I'm assuming they haven't signed?

Nothing you can do - make sure to keep looking for other houses and get your solicitor to pull the contracts back if you find somewhere else - assuming that's possible.

Great to hear :/

Ok will need to start doing that again sO

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭newbie2012!

We are in a similar situation and it is the most frustrating situation. We can't even look at other properties as we have paid our 10% and signed the contracts. If we walk away they could keep the deposit.
    Something should be done in this country about the laws around buying/selling property because currently it is a joke.

I do feel you pain and sorry I can't offer any help!!

• Advertisement

We are in a similar situation and it is the most frustrating situation. We can't even look at other properties as we have paid our 10% and signed the contracts. If we walk away they could keep the deposit.
    Something should be done in this country about the laws around buying/selling property because currently it is a joke.

I do feel you pain and sorry I can't offer any help!!

It is ridiculous alright! Not to mention that customer service is non-extistent and you would think that they all make s&%-ton of money.

Good luck guys!

Advertisement