Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 Brightnes Control

Options
  • 01-06-2017 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Anyone found a way to do this. I'e tried several suggestions but nothing seems to work. I have checked the display adaptor driver is up to date and it is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

From your desktop , right click on display settings - in the search box type in brightness - then click on calibrate display colour - , and in the bottom right hand corner just follow the prompts .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Anyone found a way to do this. I'e tried several suggestions but nothing seems to work. I have checked the display adaptor driver is up to date and it is.

Did the laptop come with Windows 10, or did you upgrade from Windows 7/8?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Did the laptop come with Windows 10, or did you upgrade from Windows 7/8?

Its a desktop that was upgraded to W10 and all the patches are up to date.

at: allthe doylers, tried all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Its a desktop that was upgraded to W10 and all the patches are up to date.

at: allthe doylers, tried all that.

I had the issue with a laptop that I upgrade - the graphics card wasn't supported and the laptop display was set to maximum brightness. Uninstalled the driver and installed the windows 7 driver, but windows 10 installed the same driver every time I restarted. Went back to windows 7! It was an old AMD machine.

On a desktop, could you not just adjust the brightness manually on the monitor? They usually have buttons on the monitor that allows you to change settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Lu Tze wrote: »
    I had the issue with a laptop that I upgrade - the graphics card wasn't supported and the laptop display was set to maximum brightness. Uninstalled the driver and installed the windows 7 driver, but windows 10 installed the same driver every time I restarted. Went back to windows 7! It was an old AMD machine.

On a desktop, could you not just adjust the brightness manually on the monitor? They usually have buttons on the monitor that allows you to change settings.

that is one damn way I alway forget to use, 'the simple way first' :D

cheers mate.

• Advertisement

For me it takes simply 2 clicks and i'm there .

All I have to do is click on '' god mode '' and its there under display.

If you don't have god-mode you should set it up .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

For me it takes simply 2 clicks and i'm there .

All I have to do is click on '' god mode '' and its there under display.

If you don't have god-mode you should set it up .

What use is God Mode when the OP can't change the brightness from Control Panel?

FanadMan wrote: »
    What use is God Mode when the OP can't change the brightness from Control Panel?

On my W10 I can find color calibration easily without accessing control panel or god mode

Advertisement