Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question regarding the power of a security firm

• 01-06-2017 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Basically, tonight, I spun my wheels pulling out of the Phoenix park leaving bloom - acting the maggot a bit. The security guy told me he'd radioed my number back to the office.

What exactly is the story now? A gard saw me do it and smiled and waved me out the gate. The security guy was a sour sort of fella and I'm afraid now I'll be banned from the parking area for the weekend; or worse still that he'll get me reported by exaggerating the story

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Nothing will happen.

People (usually other drivers) take reg. nos. all the time, typically to intimidate or just annoy the driver, seems to work based on threads similar to yours.

Typical example you see all the time on boards.ie .....

I was pulling out of a sidestreet and didn't spot a car on the main road, I braked in time and so did she. She stopped and got out, read me the riot act. She wrote down my registration number and said she was going to report me. Will I have to go to court? Will I be disqualified, or get points and have to pay more for insurance next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lyrelad

This guy was actually security at the event and radioed it back to HQ though he said. Fair enough I shouldn't have been messing, but it was dangerous or anything.

lyrelad wrote: »
    This guy was actually security at the event and radioed it back to HQ though he said. Fair enough I shouldn't have been messing, but it was dangerous or anything.

He achieved exactly what he set out to do - p1ss you off and have you worry for the next few days.

I find it hard to believe that an event like Bloom needs security guards with walkie-talkies :confused: 'Radioed it back to HQ' is pure bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lyrelad

He spotted that I was an exhibitor and told me ''You won't be working here tomorrow'' - I did see him on the walkie talkie alright looking at my reg
    I suppose I might be banned from parking there or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Radiant Cool Crazy Nightmare

He spotted that I was an exhibitor and told me ''You won't be working here tomorrow'' - I did see him on the walkie talkie alright looking at my reg
    I suppose I might be banned from parking there or something?

He probably wont even be on the same posting tomorrow, Id say you are over-thinking this but if he does approach you just play dumb.

• Advertisement

He spotted that I was an exhibitor......

You or your employer is paying to be there and you start doing doughnuts in front of a security man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

coylemj wrote:
    You or your employer is paying to be there and you start doing doughnuts in front of a security man?

Did you read the first post? only mention of 'doughnuts' is from you .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,713 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

In theory what you did could be prosecuted as driving without due care and attention, or similar. In practice I would think a prosecution is wildly unlikely, in the circumstances you describe. So no real danger of a fine, penalty points, anything like that.

If the operator of the car park doesn't like your driving, can he ban you from the car park? Yes. I haven't heard of that happening very much, but it's certainly possible (and legal).

If the car park is being provided or paid for by your employer, can the operator report you to the employer and might disciplinary action ensue? Again, yes, it would be lawful, though I suspect for a one-off complaint the worst you'd be looking at is a manager telling you to cop yourself on.

Advertisement