Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS Delivery Reports

Options
  • 01-06-2017 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

iPhone doesn't support SMS delivery reports.

Disabling iMessage isn't a good idea and will usually cost you to re-enable. Better to leave it on and force send as SMS when necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Patww79 wrote: »
    Hi,

Had a call from the mother today that texts to my sister (on holiday in Spain) weren't delivering. Couldn't figure it out first until my Da said his delivered (he has a Sony), and I remembered she was probably imessaging. Got her to go into the settings to turn and turn off imessage so it would send as SMS (she said the message colour changed to blue or green, changed anyway) but she's not getting a delivery report now, and after having her walk me through the settings over the phone there doesn't seem to be an obvious place to turn them on. Is there somewhere else this is done, within the messages app maybe? Or is there a way to check the sent/delivered status of an SMS? Thanks.

Edit - Sorry, meant to say iPhone 6 with most recent iOS on it as she said it updated recently.

When you say delivery report do mean it says delivered under the message ? Turn on send read receipts.

Cheers.

I had her looking through settings but never hit on a way to choose whether an individual message is sent at imessage or SMS. Is there a way to do that?

How do you get charged for turning imessage back on, and is it much? If it's a lot then I might just tell her to leave it off altogether as she has unlimited SMS anyway.

An SMS text is send to Apple servers it cost 25c to activate.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

When a message fails you can tap on the failed icon and it will give you an option to send as SMS. And as it is sending (before showing "delivered") you can also hold on the message and choose to send as a text message. There's also an option to automatically fallback to SMS in settings.

When a message fails you can tap on the failed icon and it will give you an option to send as SMS. And as it is sending (before showing "delivered") you can also hold on the message and choose to send as a text message. There's also an option to automatically fallback to SMS in settings.

Normal SMS do show delivered under message don't they?

Normal SMS do show delivered under message don't they?

No, only iMessages.

• Advertisement
Advertisement