Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I missing something?

Options
  • 01-06-2017 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Evening all,

Long time smoker, newbie vaper and wondering whether I'm missing something.

Gave up the cancer sticks about two months ago and picked up an Aspire Pockex along with some menthol juice (was smoking menthol ciggies).

Stayed with that combination for a month or so - various different menthol or mint before getting bored and trying some new flavours.

Have tried various brands (Wicked, Wirchcraft, Vapouriz, VapeWild) and numerous flavours but they all seem muted - cinnamon roll for example is less 'I'm having cinnamon roll' and more ' I had cinnamon roll about 10 mins ago and the flavour is still lingering'.

Recently swapped out the Pockex for an Aspire X30 Rover with Nautilus X 1.8ohm coil. Thought maybe the adjustable airflow and ability to change wattage etc would add some oomph to the juice.

Nadda - still barely there.

Am I doing something wrong? Is my setup not ideal or are my expectations of flavours too high?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

If you like menthol, esmokeireland's wingnuts extreme menthol is hard to beat in terms of flavour. It packs a punch. It's what got me (and my sis) off the ciggies years ago. Worth a try!

Edit- what wattage are you running the 1.8 nautilus at?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bspoke

It's actually less menthol I want. :-)

Used to smoke menthol ciggies so it made sense to swith to menthol juice at first but now it just reminds me of smoking.

I've run the gammit from about 6w to 22 or so (mod will do 30 but coil is rated for 22w). Guess I've settled somewhere between 16 and 18w depending on PG/VG content of juice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Whats the VG/PG of the juices you tried?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bspoke

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Whats the VG/PG of the juices you tried?

Predominantly 70/30 but stuff I got from VapeWild is 50/50

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

Would you consider sub ohm and direct lung vaping?
    I started out with a eGo AIO kit which is similar to the Pockex. But after trying a direct lung sub ohm tank I was hooked, amazing flavour.
    Bit daunting building coils for first time but there's a lot of YouTube videos that are a great help.
    I'm currently vaping Elements series juice on a Moonshot RTA with dual clapton coils at 70w and the flavour is out of this world. I go through a lot of juice but its worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

I've been vaping for a few months, went straight into sub ohm and dtl. I found the flavour brilliant for around 3 days then became muted ever since. Only things that seem to help are changing flavours regularly (menthol works best for this, to me anyway), swapping between tanks, and going easy and hardly vaping for a few days every now and then.

I've heard taking a couple of days off from vaping once a month or so can help too. If that's too difficult, you could try unflavoured liquid for a day or two then go back on the flavours. Some people just have more sensitive tastebuds than others. Making your own liquid would make it easier to pinpoint your sweet spot for taste as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

I found any high resistance coils will always give you a bucketload less flavor and satisfaction than a sub-ohm one, especially with "modern" juices that are typically less than 6mg - theres always a "woolly" indistinct taste instead of a tasty yummy hit (menthol is the exception - it seems to always taste pretty much the same). 

Of course the drawback is using a ton more juice (hence more flavour) and battery life will drain alot faster. 
    IMHO its well worth while giving a sub-ohm atomizer a try (a cheap $5 clone dripping atomizer for example) to see what you are missing in terms of flavor. Your device should be good enough for a single coil clapton, but might take a second or so to get up to a decent heat. 

After that see where the rabbit hole leads ;) 

Coil building isn't for everyone, but these days its something you only need to do once a month and replace the cotton every few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭justinbellford

If you are really looking for flavor, I would say the Beast line of tanks from Smok is your best bet. I was on the Cleito for a while and thought the flavor there was great. Nothing compared to the baby coils in the beast tanks. 
    It is a lot more vapor than what you would be used to, but just something to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

The Avocado SE is probably THE best tank I've used bar none where flavor is concerned 

Would they be considered "restricted" with the new EU bull$hit ? (3.5ml)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

was.deevey wrote: »
    The Avocado SE is probably THE best tank I've used bar none where flavor is concerned 

Would they be considered "restricted" with the new EU bull$hit ? (3.5ml)

Yes,restricted in the EU except Germany,they have found a loop hole in the TDP...

Get it from China & pay the extra $2 for shipping,you should have it within 2 weeks..

• Advertisement
Advertisement