Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAP Scheme?

Options
  • 01-06-2017 9:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. I just heard about this HAP scheme. But I have a question. Does the Council pay the full payment or do I have to pay half of it and the council pays half of it? From what I read the house can't be more than 1050 euros. So say if I find a house which is 800 euros a month does the council pay that in full? Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Hi, you have to pay a contribution to the local authority. They pay the landlord. If you stop paying the local authority, they stop paying the landlord.

If you are eligible and approved for HAP, your local authority will make a monthly payment directly to your landlord, on the last Wednesday of each month.

In return, you pay a contribution towards your rent to the local authority. This ‘rent contribution’ is based on your household income. It is calculated in the same way as the rent paid by a tenant of a local authority owned property.

http://hap.ie/tenants/payments/

I'm unclear to the maximums allowed, sorry.

Dublin City Council are advertising now that they will pay 2 months rent and deposit up front to the landlord. (Will edit in the link when I find it)

Hope that helps :)

fontdor wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I just heard about this HAP scheme. But I have a question. Does the Council pay the full payment or do I have to pay half of it and the council pays half of it? From what I read the house can't be more than 1050 euros. So say if I find a house which is 800 euros a month does the council pay that in full? Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

gizmo81 wrote: »
    Hi, you have to pay a contribution to the local authority. They pay the landlord. If you stop paying the local authority, they stop paying the landlord.

If you are eligible and approved for HAP, your local authority will make a monthly payment directly to your landlord, on the last Wednesday of each month.

In return, you pay a contribution towards your rent to the local authority. This ‘rent contribution’ is based on your household income. It is calculated in the same way as the rent paid by a tenant of a local authority owned property.

http://hap.ie/tenants/payments/

I'm unclear to the maximums allowed, sorry.

Dublin City Council are advertising now that they will pay 2 months rent and deposit up front to the landlord. (Will edit in the link when I find it)

Hope that helps :)

Thank you for your reply! Would you have a rough idea as to how much contribution I as a tenant would have to make?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

It depends on your income.

I have seen figures around €30 but it really depends.

Someone on boards.ie earlier quoted it's 10% of your weekly income

Council wil pay your LL maximum rent limit monthly based on your family size / location. If the LL charges more than the current council limit you pay the difference to LL yourself.
    You also pay a weekly rent contribution to the council - roughly 10% of household weekly income

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057597172

Sorry I can't give you anything more definite, it all varies on the person and their ability to pay.
    fontdor wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply! Would you have a rough idea as to how much contribution I as a tenant would have to make?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

gizmo81 wrote: »
    It depends on your income.

I have seen figures around €30 but it really depends.

Someone on boards.ie earlier quoted it's 10% of your weekly income

Council wil pay your LL maximum rent limit monthly based on your family size / location. If the LL charges more than the current council limit you pay the difference to LL yourself.
    You also pay a weekly rent contribution to the council - roughly 10% of household weekly income

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057597172

Sorry I can't give you anything more definite, it all varies on the person and their ability to pay.

That's awesome! Thanks for your reply!

Advertisement