Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpenterstown Opinions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lachouffe1

lachouffe1 wrote: »
    thanks for all the comments has helped us a lot! I think every area has these groups of teenagers so good to hear they are fairly harmless!
    We really like the area a lot, the commute into town is relatively ok would be nicer with a few more train connections, has a decent local, shop and chipper, few green areas, is settled and seems friendly so I think we're sold on the area!!!
    T

Are you taking train service from Coolmine station during peak time? That I forget to mention. The train is very busy and difficult to find seat. Also if driving then traffic in area very bad during morning times also. Not so bad during school holiday.

Yep, going to be taking the train at 8ish and returning at 6ish...is only 25mins to pearse so not too worried about that.
    The OH will be be driving to the south side at the same time though...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Stuyvesant_1

Yep, going to be taking the train at 8ish and returning at 6ish...is only 25mins to pearse so not too worried about that.
    The OH will be be driving to the south side at the same time though...

My advice to carry out these at your time before buying a property in this area.
    8 is worst possible time for being on train to direction of Drumcondra. Also although M50 is close by on map, to get there (Blanchardstown/N3) entrance from Carpenterstown to motorway take very long time in morning.

Thanks for the advice, will give it a go.

Actually separately does anyone know or recommend a builder in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fourinarow

thanks for all the comments has helped us a lot! I think every area has these groups of teenagers so good to hear they are fairly harmless!
    We really like the area a lot, the commute into town is relatively ok would be nicer with a few more train connections, has a decent local, shop and chipper, few green areas, is settled and seems friendly so I think we're sold on the area!!!
    T
    You mention the lack of train options, don't forget that in a few months you'll be able to get off the train at broombridge and connect with the luas to basically anywhere in the city.
    And although the train may be busy at peak, you'll always get on and you'll get to your destination a lot quicker than any other mode of transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Don't forget trying back road through Chapelizod if commuting.

What kind of building do you need done? I have two I can recommend.

• Advertisement

amtc wrote: »
    Don't forget trying back road through Chapelizod if commuting.

What kind of building do you need done? I have two I can recommend.

Thanks again! wanted to price up a back extension just to factor in to a price if a house as well...would happily take your recommendations...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

I live in Laverna,

Love it here, nice and quiet. Parking is a a pain in the ass sometimes.

Chipper in Carpenterstown the best I've been to. I personally prefer going down to the Strawberry Hall for a pint.

As for Burglaries, I haven't experienced one in 4 years. In fact I accidentally left the key in may car for a week, was amazed it wasn't robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

Travelling by car to southside at 8am will nitemare,optimal time is 7am / 10am if work allowa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I think the main issue in D.15 is the traffic is dysfunctional through over development.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭donaghs

djmarkus wrote: »
    I live in Laverna,

Love it here, nice and quiet. Parking is a a pain in the ass sometimes.

Chipper in Carpenterstown the best I've been to. I personally prefer going down to the Strawberry Hall for a pint.

As for Burglaries, I haven't experienced one in 4 years. In fact I accidentally left the key in may car for a week, was amazed it wasn't robbed.

How do you travel to and from Strawberry Hall, if having pints?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

donaghs wrote: »
    How do you travel to and from Strawberry Hall, if having pints?

They come pick you up and leave you home. Ring 086 2444570

thanks for all your comments. I think as long as it is quiet and safe then we might be able to take the hit on the traffic but only time will tell.
    Nice to have amenities such as a pub, chipper, coffee shop etc on the door step as well as good schools and green areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

djmarkus wrote: »
    They come pick you up and leave you home. Ring 086 2444570

This is the best post I've ever seen on boards.

Advertisement