Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do women like gay guys?

• 01-06-2017 10:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42

I dont understand. Shouldnt they prefer straight guys or is it that they are only really themselves around gay guys because they know they wont be hit on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This might be an unpopular answer but I often find they tend to have a lot in common with one another!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 new splinter group

Is it a common misconception that gay or bi men who are friends are assumed to be automatically sleeping with one another?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Margaret Cho once said:

The gay man in your life is not concerned with your youth and beauty. He wants to know your soul. He loves you for your courage and intellect. Whether you are lovely or plain, you are beautiful to him for these qualities—and many more.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/bering-in-mind/studying-the-elusive-e2809cfag-hage2809d-women-who-like-men-who-like-men/

I think she has romanticised the relationship a bit too much, I think more lies within the woman in the relationship and the possibilities for her as opposed to the gay man.

From my experience I think women are attracted to the dionysian qualities some gay men exude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Is it a common misconception that gay or bi men who are friends are assumed to be automatically sleeping with one another?

I don't sleep with other men so I don't know. Anything is possible!
    Anything else?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Misconception. Gay social groupings can be quite complex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

Dumb thread is dumb...with undertone of homophobia to boot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Poor trolling OP

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement