Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New customer moving to second hand property with no supply

Options
  • 01-06-2017 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am moving into an apartment I just bought. The electricity was disconnected about 4 months ago. I understand that I must supply a MPRN but since I am a new customer, I don't have a bill. The property was vacated by the previous owner in January and I am not in a position to obtain a bill from them.

As far as I'm aware ESB can provide the number. Once I have it, how long does it take to reconnect to the supply, given that we are approaching a long weekend?

Many thanks
    J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi J,

Thank you for getting in touch.

If you have the RM serial number from the meter, you should be able to get the MPRN by calling ESB Networks on 1850 372 757, or the supplier may be able to locate it.

We do need to make you aware that a reconnection fee with Electric Ireland is 79.45 euro.

Any work relating to the meters or the electricity supply are completed by ESB Networks regardless of a supplier. A reconnection request can usually take between 2 and 5 working days.

Should you wish to register with Electric Ireland, we recommend contacting our colleagues in the Sales department on 1850 305 090. They are available until 8pm this evening, and again tomorrow from 8am to 6pm. If you wish to register to pay by direct debit, you will be able to avail of a savings of up to 5.5%.

If you would prefer not pay by direct debit, you can call 1850 372 372 to secure an appointment and set up an Electric Ireland account.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement