Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gradual tanning body moisturiser

Options
  • 01-06-2017 10:26pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a body moisturiser which has a gradual tan in it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Rmgblue

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a body moisturiser which has a gradual tan in it?

Bondai Sands have a gradual tan now and it's brilliant! Pricy but worth it. Iv seen it in Superdrug and boots!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

I've used a lot over the years and this one is now my go to - would recommend and nearly always on offer for 5 quid !!
    http://www.boots.com/dove-derma-spa-summer-revived-fair-to-medium-skin-body-lotion-200ml-10197534

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Yep, I also vote for Dove. Its very affordable compared to some brands but regardless I always go back to it because its my favorite.

Boots regularly have it on half price (€8 down to €4) so keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Yep, I also vote for Dove. Its very affordable compared to some brands but regardless I always go back to it because its my favorite.

Boots regularly have it on half price (€8 down to €4) so keep an eye out.

but go for the derma spa one - think its better than the regular one for my skin anyway ( White with Freckles :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

whatever76 wrote: »
    but go for the derma spa one - think its better than the regular one for my skin anyway ( White with Freckles :))

I think thats the only one they make anymore? I know there used to be another bottle, but I think Derma Spa is the replacement. Havent see the other bottle anywhere in about a year.

Found both pretty similar TBH, but Derma Spa is more expensive (albeit still cheap in the grand scheme of things) so I think it was mostly Dove changing packaging and charging a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Great thanks! I was thinking of the dove one, but I wasn't sure if it was any good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I bought the Dove derma spa one. I am very fair so bought the one for that skin tone, but it seems to be taking a while to build up. I have been using it about 3 weeks now and only seeing a slight difference on my legs now. I probably should have got the darker one. The good thing is it smells lovely, no fake tan smell
    And it absorbs quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

I really like the Cocoa Brown gradual tanning lotion. The only issue is it's a bit runny so you have to be careful using it or it gets all over the bathroom.

missmatty wrote: »
    I really like the Cocoa Brown gradual tanning lotion. The only issue is it's a bit runny so you have to be careful using it or it gets all over the bathroom.

I didn't realise they did a gradual one. I really only wanted one that I could put on quickly after a shower. I think I should have gone for the darker version as I have found the ones for fair skin don't really build up much in colour. I don't want to look really tanned, just take away the horrible pasty white skin! I didn't get much sun in the past year due to having a baby, so I need to look a bit healthier now! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I didn't realise they did a gradual one. I really only wanted one that I could put on quickly after a shower. I think I should have gone for the darker version as I have found the ones for fair skin don't really build up much in colour. I don't want to look really tanned, just take away the horrible pasty white skin! I didn't get much sun in the past year due to having a baby, so I need to look a bit healthier now! lol

I'm a big fan of the Cocoa Brown gentle bronze gradual tan too, it doesn't make up feel too sticky which I'd a big issue I have with gradual tanner in the summer months, I can't sleep if I've too much product on my skin :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

To clarify further, it's called Gentle Bronze and it's really easy to lash on after the shower. Takes the sickly pale look away but isn't too dark either. It's not expensive either and I'm pretty sure it's in Penneys.

missmatty wrote: »
    To clarify further, it's called Gentle Bronze and it's really easy to lash on after the shower. Takes the sickly pale look away but isn't too dark either. It's not expensive either and I'm pretty sure it's in Penneys.

Yeah spotted it in penny's today. Can't remember what price it was. Might try it another time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I really like the Palmers cocoa butter gradual tanner, looks very natural and doesn't smell like biscuits

I really like the Palmers cocoa butter gradual tanner, looks very natural and doesn't smell like biscuits

I've never ever come across that one. I use the normal body moisturiser & love it. I used the maternity one during my pregnancy last year & never got one stretch mark! I must keep an eye out for the tanning one!

I have noticed in the last few days that the dove one has started to come up s bit, so it must just take a bit of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lizzy8

I second the Coco brown gradual tanner its very handy!

Advertisement