Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on upgrading HKC Securewatch to latest IP panel??

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

KoolKid wrote: »
    We don't call the EQA out to look at every job we do before we write that cert. But yet that certification is accepted by all the insurance company's as fit for purpose and the Guards for monitoring response etc.
    If there was to be a problem with it it would show up in an inspection surly.

I am sure you don't call the EQA out for every job you write a cert for, are you comparing that with manufacturing?

Just installations and manufacturing are 2 very different things, a manufacturer designs and programs a panel, this is assessed once to whatever version it is and then hundreds of that exact same panel are produced.
    I am not sure how installations can be compared to that, it is very rare that 2 installations are the exact same.

Any of the control panels that were part of any installations that were tested to comply with EN 50131, did pass those audits

Now how do we get you by this block you have on basic self monitord systems???
    Again if a customer wants no monitoring whatsoever that system is still fine and up to EN 50 131 Grade 1.
    Is a system like that acceptable to you as a grade 1 system even though you might have recommend monitoring, GSM back up and radio etc?

I would appreciate it please if you did not ridicule my opinion, that being self notification through a router is not good enough. I am not sure actually how you can call it self monitoring.
    As you know with professional monitoring there is a system in situ with regard to response by Gardai, we really do not have to go through all that now do we?
    Someone being notified of an alarm activation to their phone, who decides to ring Gardai and report same, just will not get the same response as from an ARC, will they?

An alarm that only makes noise is useless, yes it conforms to EN50131-1 but an activation requires a response, an alarm without notification is a waste of time nowadays, so i don't think it is fine.

The questions you are avoiding are fairly straightforward in fairness.Sarcasm and attitudes don't really do anything for the debate.

Let me know please if there are any other questions that you missed the answer for.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

kub wrote: »
    Tunnel vision...:rolleyes:, a feature of an alarm system in my book is part guard, the ability of a customer to change their own code, that kind of stuff.
    Interesting you used the word alarm, that could be the difference here between what we are both on about, see i do security systems perhaps you on do alarms.
    Well it was you who brought up this ' property could be attacked ' stuff.
    You tell me so, would you put in the same system to the same spec to a home of a couple who work in a none cash business to the home of a couple who own a cash business and could bring cash home with them at night?
    Lets weigh that one up now, which one of those systems do you think should be spec'ed better?

Yes I would recommend the different options to them, including radio etc.And their business might ensure they take up more options than others. But they may only want an alarm, or they may only want an alarm with an app etc.At the end of the day that house could be attacked & all comms taken down the same was as a standard 3 bed semi etc. I had a case last year of a lad attacked in his home & held prisoner in a case of mistaken identity. Risk assessment wouldn't identify that.
    Anyone can be targeted for any reason. Maybe you would get someone who might not disclose their true business etc.
    Again its down to the same thing. Every system is vulnerable.We explain all options to people based on their circumstances,the risk assessments and their needs and budget requirements.
    After that if a customer decides they want an unmonitored alarm that's their choice.
    If they want a self monitored system that's their choice.
    If they want a self monitored system with back ups that their choice.
    If they want central station monitoring that's their choice
    If they want central station monitoring with multiple back ups that's their choice.

On a public forum like they we are offering options. We are not carrying out a complete risk assessment for them based on one or 2 posts.
    So we offer them advice on different systems available. Now no matter what we offer or suggest there are going to be vulnerabilities.
    But you want to be critical because we dont advise on vulnerabilities in every post we make??
    Even though you clearly do the same.

Sorry you actually wanted me to answer that preference in polling failure times, 5 minutes of course, even 2 minutes even better
    So when you are posting here or selling someone a system and signing them up for €96 a year (or more) do you explain the limitations of that to them.
    Do you also explain to them that there are quicker & cheaper options available to them.

Now i am not that dreaded HKC that obviously rattles you so much, I do not set their rates, best you speak with them about such things as what they charge for their stuff.
    But in regard to polling times that i have set up with HKC systems, they are for high risk individuals and are a lot less than this 90 minutes you keep on about.
    So which rates are you charging?

Standard - €10.99 per month (Incl. VAT)
    Managed World SIM
    Unlimited App control + notifications
    SMS control + notifications, fair usage limit 100 messages per month
    (* Alarm activations only)
    Monitoring to central station
    (GSM-SC Only)
    Loss of connectivity reported to central station
    (GSM-SC Only)
    Loss of connectivity to site detected within 20 minutes

Premium - €17.99 per month (Incl. VAT)
    Managed World SIM
    SMS control + notifications, fair usage limit 200 messages per month
    Voice notifications
    (GSM-SC Only)
    (GSM-SC Only)
    Loss of connectivity to site detected within 10 min

Even the best of these is slower than the basic offering of €40 available elsewhere. Do you give these customers this information beforehand.
    I am afraid i do not know the answer to that, but as you will be asking GSD that question then i will do the same with HKC and will be back to you on that.
    Well any installation that i filled in a EN 50131 cert for, which was subsequently checked by an auditor was perfect.
    And likewise. That was my whole point.
    I am sure you don't call the EQA out for every job you write a cert for, are you comparing that with manufacturing?

Just installations and manufacturing are 2 very different things, a manufacturer designs and programs a panel, this is assessed once to whatever version it is and then hundreds of that exact same panel are produced.
    I am not sure how installations can be compared to that, it is very rare that 2 installations are the exact same.

Any of the control panels that were part of any installations that were tested to comply with EN 50131, did pass those audits

So it would appear self certified or third party testing house certified are the same.
    Aritech/GE were also self certified along with many others. They all always passed audits
    So I'd presume we can put that one to bed so.
    I would appreciate it please if you did not ridicule my opinion, that being self notification through a router is not good enough. I am not sure actually how you can call it self monitoring.
    As you know with professional monitoring there is a system in situ with regard to response by Gardai, we really do not have to go through all that now do we?
    Someone being notified of an alarm activation to their phone, who decides to ring Gardai and report same, just will not get the same response as from an ARC, will they?

An alarm that only makes noise is useless, yes it conforms to EN50131-1 but an activation requires a response, an alarm without notification is a waste of time nowadays, so i don't think it is fine.

Not ridiculing your opinion. I just dont agree with it.If someone wants a system that's not monitored that fine its still an alarm and it does what the majority of systems out there does.
    If they want an app for free that works over their broadband that's fine. They know what it does & what it doesn't, their choice. You even had a poster coming on this thread telling you that's all he wanted.
    There is a market for all systems from non-monitored all the way up to the highest risks with multiple redundancies.
    So on this public forum are we really to point out the vulnerability of every system below top level or just the ones you don't think are good enough?

Yes I would recommend the different options to them, including radio etc.And their business might ensure they take up more options than others. But they may only want an alarm, or they may only want an alarm with an app etc.At the end of the day that house could be attacked & all comms taken down the same was as a standard 3 bed semi etc. I had a case last year of a lad attacked in his home & held prisoner in a case of mistaken identity. Risk assessment wouldn't identify that.

So if you are speaking with a potential customer you just give them what they want or do you advise them and suggest better than they think they need?
    Or is it typically as you mentioned earlier you are installer no 4 arriving in after the other 3, who did not tell the householder the about the things the different panels you have compared to that HKC stuff the other lads were specifying?
    I wonder with the mistaken identity situation as you mentioned above, should all systems be upgraded a step in standards, as in i wonder should EN50131-1 be replaced with a minimum standard of EN50131-2

• Advertisement

Anyone can be targeted for any reason. Maybe you would get someone who might not disclose their true business etc.
    Again its down to the same thing. Every system is vulnerable.We explain all options to people based on their circumstances,the risk assessments and their needs and budget requirements.
    After that if a customer decides they want an unmonitored alarm that's their choice.
    If they want a self monitored system that's their choice.
    If they want a self monitored system with back ups that their choice.
    If they want central station monitoring that's their choice
    If they want central station monitoring with multiple back ups that's their choice.

On a public forum like they we are offering options. We are not carrying out a complete risk assessment for them based on one or 2 posts.
    So we offer them advice on different systems available. Now no matter what we offer or suggest there are going to be vulnerabilities.
    But you want to be critical because we dont advise on vulnerabilities in every post we make??
    Even though you clearly do the same.

Well we can only act on the information we are given, we can only advise what is best for that particular site.
    But in all honesty i would rather walk away from an installation if the only way of notification was through a router.

Now with regard to offering advise on different systems available, why is it that no matter what an OP is enquiring about you never, ever have a HKC solution?
    Do you just not know or what?

To be clear here, and again, the OP on this thread has a perfectly functioning HKC panel, with loads of years service still to go and both of your offerings was to rip out that perfectly panel and replace it, you did not even mention to the OP that he could have had the HKC GSM connected up with his existing panel.

So really you cannot say that you give all options that are available, it seems you make up peoples minds for them

So when you are posting here or selling someone a system and signing them up for ?96 a year (or more) do you explain the limitations of that to them.
    Do you also explain to them that there are quicker & cheaper options available to them.

Even the best of these is slower than the basic offering of ?40 available elsewhere. Do you give these customers this information beforehand.

Again here you are still clung on notification only, see I find that there is a bigger picture here. You mentioned selling a system, that system is made up of a lot of things rather than just that single notification.
    Everything has to be considered and at the end of it a suitable panel is identified and the notification options are then discussed.
    Just i find in 90% of domestic installations, HKC simply tick all the boxes. I have no interest in selling my clients a control panel that cannot do all the things that the HKC can.
    Of course we install other manufacturers panels as well but it is a case of horses for coarses.

Even the best of these is slower than the basic offering of ?40 available elsewhere. Do you give these customers this information beforehand.

Would you mind please when quoting my posts, not to put other stuff on them because none of my posts had that information from HKC.

But one manufacturers panel is not the same as another, I would love to get that ? 40 option working on all panels, but that is not possible. As i said earlier my SDP will decide on the system, a lot of the time that ?40 option just does not tick as many boxes.

And likewise. That was my whole point.

So it would appear self certified or third party testing house certified are the same.
    Aritech/GE were also self certified along with many others. They all always passed audits
    So I'd presume we can put that one to bed so.

How could self certification and third party certification be the same? Again you are mixing up installation standards and manufacturing standards yet again.
    Aritech/GE/UTC WERE ??? also self certified, is that in the past tense ?
    What audits did they pass? Do you mean EN50131 installations, because if so, I can confirm that.

No we cannot put that one to bed as i am curious now, see the panel might say EN50131 etc, but as you know there are PCB's, transformers etc, within.
    3 rd party testing of manufacturers panels suggests quality, I have a Vanderbilt panel here and i noticed a 3rd party pass sticker on the side of the box.
    I would just like to see are all manufacturers at the same level here.

their choice.
    Not ridiculing your opinion. I just dont agree with it.If someone wants a system that's not monitored that fine its still an alarm and it does what the majority of systems out there does.
    If they want an app for free that works over their broadband that's fine. They know what it does & what it doesn't, their choice. You even had a poster coming on this thread telling you that's all he wanted.
    There is a market for all systems from non-monitored all the way up to the highest risks with multiple redundancies.
    So on this public forum are we really to point out the vulnerability of every system below top level or just the ones you don't think are good enough?

It is indeed an alarm, just an alarm that will not have a guaranteed response, again as i previously mentioned, the future is looking like noise regulations so the days of such alarms might be numbered.

Well if you want to install a system with free notifications and through someones router, that is your choice, as i said i would not.
    Yes the OP did come back here and did say that was all he wanted, I am sure you will be able to help him out.

I would much prefer on this forum, if you would give posters all of the options instead of your usual 2.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

So if you are speaking with a potential customer you just give them what they want or do you advise them and suggest better than they think they need?
    Or is it typically as you mentioned earlier you are installer no 4 arriving in after the other 3, who did not tell the householder the about the things the different panels you have compared to that HKC stuff the other lads were specifying?
    I wonder with the mistaken identity situation as you mentioned above, should all systems be upgraded a step in standards, as in i wonder should EN50131-1 be replaced with a minimum standard of EN50131-2
    Well we can only act on the information we are given, we can only advise what is best for that particular site.
    But in all honesty i would rather walk away from an installation if the only way of notification was through a router.

Now with regard to offering advise on different systems available, why is it that no matter what an OP is enquiring about you never, ever have a HKC solution?
    Do you just not know or what?

To be clear here, and again, the OP on this thread has a perfectly functioning HKC panel, with loads of years service still to go and both of your offerings was to rip out that perfectly panel and replace it, you did not even mention to the OP that he could have had the HKC GSM connected up with his existing panel.

So really you cannot say that you give all options that are available, it seems you make up peoples minds for them
    He was asking for an option that connects to his router
    moany fuc wrote: »

As I'm a gadget freak I have ip cams set up in home so I am in a position to unset false alarms from away from home.

I heard the Siemens panel is good and has IP on board which I can connect to router through home plugs not bothered if difficult as good with networking etc.
    He also asked specifically about Siemens.

Then he came back and told you..
    moany fuc wrote: »
    I just need to be able to unset the Alarm every now and again. So doesn't matter a flying F**K how its jammed, how its cut or if it has 24/7 communication through a router.

But you still keep coming back to it.
    Again here you are still clung on notification only,

Thats all he wanted. There is also an option of duel path with GSm/GPRS back up at €40. I'm sure its been mentioned by me a few times.

But one manufacturers panel is not the same as another, I would love to get that
    I have been saying that all along..
    How could self certification and third party certification be the same? Again you are mixing up installation standards and manufacturing standards yet again.
    Aritech/GE/UTC WERE ??? also self certified, is that in the past tense ?
    What audits did they pass? Do you mean EN50131 installations, because if so, I can confirm that.

No we cannot put that one to bed as i am curious now, see the panel might say EN50131 etc, but as you know there are PCB's, transformers etc, within.
    3 rd party testing of manufacturers panels suggests quality, I have a Vanderbilt panel here and i noticed a 3rd party pass sticker on the side of the box.
    I would just like to see are all manufacturers at the same level here.

All panels are the same and are certified to EN50131.
    Arguing this is like saying systems you install & self certify are not the same as ones inspected by your certification body.
    You already admitted earlier your jobs, prior to 3rd party testing on HKC products, were as good and all passed audits also.

Well if you want to install a system with free notifications and through someones router, that is your choice, as i said i would not..

Are you saying here that you, as a licenced installer, you would not install a new system for a customer that would conform to En50131 because they don't want to pay for monitoring/notifications ?

KoolKid wrote:
    Are you saying here that you, as a licenced installer, you would not install a new system for a customer that would conform to En50131 because they don't want to pay for monitoring/notifications ?

Getting nasty now are we?

Firstly my query is gone to HKC and I am awaiting a response so I will follow up on that later.

But you as a licensed installer are happy to connect to a router which;

1. In most houses is in the hallway just inside the front door, do you want me to spell out the vulnerabilities of that ?

2. Can be unplugged as easy as a kettle by anyone including a child.

3. Has the exact same vulnerabilities as a PTSN line.

4. Will fail in the event of an electrical failure, but a PTSN line will not, depending on the provider of course.

So I would much rather have a communicator housed within the control panel, a system with a remote keypad, so that the control panel can be anywhere within the house.
    Therefore as you know, in the event of a power failure that communicator will still be capable of;

Transmitting alarm events, instead of your comms failure reports.

But let you do your thing, that works for you.

I am a professional, I will decide the best possible security system for my customers as i feel I have a responsibility for them, rather than restricting myself to manufacturers and their limitations rather than one that has the full range and ticks all those boxes.

You are blinded by your obvious hatred for a certain manufacturer.

Getting nasty now are we?
    Not at all.
    I just don't see anything wrong with a customer who wants or can only afford a standalone system.

But you as a licensed installer are happy to connect to a router which;

1. In most houses is in the hallway just inside the front door, do you want me to spell out the vulnerabilities of that ?

2. Can be unplugged as easy as a kettle by anyone including a child.

3. Has the exact same vulnerabilities as a PTSN line.

4. Will fail in the event of an electrical failure, but a PTSN line will not, depending on the provider of course.

As this is not for an ARC monitored system yes.
    If the cable is unplugged while the system is disarmed the alarm will alert of the fault.
    If the plug is unplugged after any alarm event you will get a notification within a minute.
    So I would much rather have a communicator housed within the control panel, a system with a remote keypad, so that the control panel can be anywhere within the house.
    Therefore as you know, in the event of a power failure that communicator will still be capable of;

Transmitting alarm events, instead of your comms failure reports.
    If there is alarm event prior to the comms being disabled/down you will get more than the alarm event. If there is no event and all the comm fail you will get a comms fail . The same as your system would in the event of power cut/GSM jammed, only quicker.
    But you would much rather be paid for it as well.We can do both if thats what suits the customers requirement,needs & budget.
    I am a professional, I will decide the best possible security system for my customers as i feel I have a responsibility for them, rather than restricting myself to manufacturers and their limitations rather than one that has the full range and ticks all those boxes.

As professional installers we offer a full menu of solutions to existing & potential customers.We base our specifications on the risk assessment as well as the customers wants,needs & budget. We always make customers aware of all the options as well as the free of charge apps options.Options which you dont appear you want to see discussed on Boards as it is not available on your system of choice. This system you are offering has prices ranging from €5 per month up to €18 per month for what other manufacturers are providing for free or less. As stated before we always give the option of upgrading to duel path or even multiple ATS if redundancy is required by the customer. Some customers do avail of this at €40 per year other may just want the free options knowing that the system is future proofed with the ability to upgrade it later.

He was asking for an option that connects to his router

He also asked specifically about Siemens.

Then he came back and told you..

But you still keep coming back to it.

Thats all he wanted. There is also an option of duel path with GSm/GPRS back up at ?40. I'm sure its been mentioned by me a few times.

I have been saying that all along..

All panels are the same and are certified to EN50131.
    Arguing this is like saying systems you install & self certify are not the same as ones inspected by your certification body.
    You already admitted earlier your jobs, prior to 3rd party testing on HKC products, were as good and all passed audits also.

How come you seem not to be answering the vast majority of my questions throughout this thread.

Interesting also how the above post has concentrated on the OP, we have moved on a long way in our discussion from that.

You are obviously very confused about my point with regard to manufacturers and 3rd party testing.

Not at all.
    I just don't see anything wrong with a customer who wants or can only afford a standalone system.

So you are suggesting now that I am looking down on people is it? What do you mean by only afford ?

As this is not for an ARC monitored system yes.
    If the cable is unplugged while the system is disarmed the alarm will alert of the fault.
    If the plug is unplugged after any alarm event you will get a notification within a minute.

If there is alarm event prior to the comms being disabled/down you will get more than the alarm event. If there is no event and all the comm fail you will get a comms fail . The same as your system would in the event of power cut/GSM jammed, only quicker.
    But you would much rather be paid for it as well.We can do both if thats what suits the customers requirement,needs & budget.

Would you mind please telling me why you feel that the router option is not good enough for professional monitoring but in your opinion good enough for self notification?

What happens so if the router is down and afterwards there is an activation......you only get a comms fault then, is that correct?

So the best you can do here again is report a fault while the house could on fire or being broken into.

Tell me this, if there are lots of teenagers in the house and they are all on the internet at the same time and comms get under pressure, will it transmit comms faults then as well?

You do realise that these GSM blockers you keep blowing about are not in everyone's possession. You do realise that anyone who is capable of removing a plug from a socket, which is just about everybody, is capable of unplugging a panel.

Was it you a few years ago on here that used to moan about PW only plugging their panels in ?

As professional installers we offer a full menu of solutions to existing & potential customers.We base our specifications on the risk assessment as well as the customers wants,needs & budget. We always make customers aware of all the options as well as the free of charge apps options.Options which you dont appear you want to see discussed on Boards as it is not available on your system of choice. This system you are offering has prices ranging from ?5 per month up to ?18 per month for what other manufacturers are providing for free or less. As stated before we always give the option of upgrading to duel path or even multiple ATS if redundancy is required by the customer. Some customers do avail of this at ?40 per year other may just want the free options knowing that the system is future proofed with the ability to upgrade it later.

That sounds great, but in reality you cannot be making your customers aware of all the options, you have an absolute hatred for HKC so I can't see you giving them their options, which is a shame really.

"My system of choice", that seems very singular, are you suggesting something here because we install systems from a few different manufacturers?

But FREE is not really FREE is it? You pay for what you get here i am afraid.

Now again, why would you not use a domestic router for professional monitoring? Why is that when it is good enough in your opinion for self notification?

Oh and the lads in HKC came back to me, just as i thought they have certificates for everything. I cannot say i am surprised though their quality is top notch.

So let you carry on with your blinkers and shoulder chips, while the rest of us professional installers on here choose to use their products.

How come you seem not to be answering the vast majority of my questions throughout this thread.
    Apologies, if I missed some questions. Its hard to keep up when you keep putting up multiple posts.
    Interesting also how the above post has concentrated on the OP, we have moved on a long way in our discussion from that.

You are obviously very confused about my point with regard to manufacturers and 3rd party testing.
    If we have moved on then stop bringing it up.
    Not confused at all. You said yourself all you previous panels passed inspection. All systems conform to the same standard regardless of who test them. In the same way as all your installations conform to the same standard whether inspected by your certification body or self certified by you.
    So you are suggesting now that I am looking down on people is it? What do you mean by only afford ?
    Not sure what you are reading into here. Some people can't afford monitoring or ongoing payments & might only want a standard standalone system. Its a fact in any market. Not sure how it has any bearing on you whatsoever.
    Would you mind please telling me why you feel that the router option is not good enough for professional monitoring but in your opinion good enough for self notification?

What happens so if the router is down and afterwards there is an activation......you only get a comms fault then, is that correct?
    Yet again It is not an ARC monitored system we are not trying to conform to grade 2. Its a grade 1 system with a feature that gives notifications and remote control via apps or email etc. The same as we had voice diallers & text alerts in the past via phone lines or prepay sims etc.
    If all comms is lost after any alarm event (this includes entry time started) you get a Smash & Grab alert.Not a comms fail. I'm not surprised you did not know this , Im not sure your panel of choice has this feature.
    So the best you can do here again is report a fault while the house could on fire or being broken into.
    As explained above, no.
    Tell me this, if there are lots of teenagers in the house and they are all on the internet at the same time and comms get under pressure, will it transmit comms faults then as well?
    Your really clutching at straws there. Events & polling use very small packets, so no, unless the broadband goes down.
    GSM on the likes of new years eve would be much more vulnerable. We all know what its like trying to get a call out then & receiving texts hours later.
    You do realise that these GSM blockers you keep blowing about are not in everyone's possession. You do realise that anyone who is capable of removing a plug from a socket, which is just about everybody, is capable of unplugging a panel.
    A GSM jammer doesn't need to be in everyone's possession, only the person breaking into the property.
    How is removing a plug from a socket the same as disabling an alarm?
    To simply remove the plug from the socket you have to gain entry.
    Again all this has been explained before.
    Was it you a few years ago on here that used to moan about PW only plugging their panels in ?
    Yes, we all did. The router and the panel are not the same thing. I fear you are getting confused.
    That sounds great, but in reality you cannot be making your customers aware of all the options, you have an absolute hatred for HKC so I can't see you giving them their options, which is a shame really.

"My system of choice", that seems very singular, are you suggesting something here because we install systems from a few different manufacturers?
    In all fairness you are not in a position to state what options we give our customers.In many cases they have done their research and they know about HKCs offerings. If not, all systems options are explained to them. When you compare like with like along with the polling times its a no brainier for most.
    Its amazing how many times I hear the guy with the HKC system didn't tell me there were other options.
    But FREE is not really FREE is it? You pay for what you get here i am afraid.
    Why do we ask people to shop around and get a few quotes so.

Everyone knows you can save money by shopping around ...
    Lets compare here with HKC vs GSD as an example
    HKC
    Standard - €4.99 per month (Incl. VAT)
    Managed World SIM
    SMS control + notifications, fair usage limit 50 messages per month
    Monitoring to Central Station
    (GSM-SC Only)
    Loss of connectivity to site detected within 8 hours
    App €7.99 each.

Premium - €7.00 per month (Incl. VAT)
    Managed World SIM
    Voice dialler notifications
    (GSM-SC Only)
    (GSM-SC Only)
    Loss of connectivity to site detected within 90 min

App €7.99 each.

Commercial Options

Standard - €10.99 per month (Incl. VAT)
    Managed World SIM
    (GSM-SC Only)
    (GSM-SC Only)
    Loss of connectivity to site detected within 20 minutes
    App €7.99 each.

Premium - €17.99 per month (Incl. VAT)
    Managed World SIM
    SMS control + notifications, fair usage limit 200 messages per month
    Voice notifications
    (GSM-SC Only)
    (GSM-SC Only)
    Loss of connectivity to site detected within 10 min

App €7.99 each.

GSD

Just 1 standard Rate €40 per annum (Incl. VAT)
    Managed World SIM
    Unlimited users.
    Apps Free to download

Loss of connectivity to site detected within 5 minutes

You see you mightn't always get what you pay for. HKC appear to be the dearest on the market for apps etc.
    Phonewatch is probably the dearest on the market for monitoring.Would you say you get what you pay for there.?
    We certainly know your answer to that one.
    Now again, why would you not use a domestic router for professional monitoring? Why is that when it is good enough in your opinion for self notification?
    I have already answered this above. Again we use both IP & GSM where required, needed or wanted.
    Oh and the lads in HKC came back to me, just as i thought they have certificates for everything. I cannot say i am surprised though their quality is top notch.
    Another nice sales promotion. But again covered above its irrelevant.
    You really are chasing shadows just trying to discredit systems while promoting your own.

• Advertisement

Apologies, if I missed some questions. Its hard to keep up when you keep putting up multiple posts.

Oh the multiple posts are upsetting you are they? Just i have the manners to answer your quries like this, while you brush over mine. But i will make it easy for you when i have a chance, I will go back over this thread and put all my outstanding questions into one post for you, if you don't mind then i will number them and just to be clear if you would not mind answering in the same way, just to keep things nice and clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Kub and Koolkid. It would be best if neither of you posted on this thread again please.

I've been following this and although it's speckled with good information it's gone way off track.

By that I mean don't post here, on this thread again.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement