Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineer charge

Options
  • 02-06-2017 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Recently we are buying a house. We already paid 500euro to our engineer for the report. Unfortunately, my solicitor found there were some planning files missing. So we asked our engineer to look into it. Then he came back to us and said there was 120euro fee for city hall re reprint the document and 150euro for himself. I just would like to ask if that is normal to be charged again as my engineer told. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

cathalsmom wrote: »
    Recently we are buying a house. We already paid 500euro to our engineer for the report. Unfortunately, my solicitor found there were some planning files missing. So we asked our engineer to look into it. Then he came back to us and said there was 120euro fee for city hall re reprint the document and 150euro for himself. I just would like to ask if that is normal to be charged again as my engineer told. Thanks.

The original fee was for the pre-purchase survey. That fee is normal.
    The second fee is for follow up investigations. The city hall fee is correct as the LA charge for file retrieval and they charge for every copy of every page you buy.

To confirm, he is not charging you again, they are 2 separate tasks.

Advertisement