Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marathon on Sunday and the Dunkettle Interchange

Options
  • 02-06-2017 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I've had a look at the corkcoco site and the official marathon site, and while I can understand that the route comes out the Glanmire road as far as the Dunkettle Interchange and then goes through the tunnel, what I can't figure out is what the situation will be with the interchange itself. Will the runners be running against traffic (if there was traffic) and then turn right into the tunnel? Or will they go all the way around the roundabout with traffic? I'll be going to Dublin (from Midleton) around 9am, so am I likely to hit problems here?

I can avoid the interchange altogether, but it will mean taking slower back roads, so would prefer to take it if it's not going to be messy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The tunnel remains open with a contra flow so the interchange will have to be open but probably with restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

And if I understand correctly, the runners will be on the northbound side, which connected with the closure of the Glanmire road inbound, suggests they would be running against traffic the whole way. I can only assume at least one lane will be open turning right to Dublin.

Advertisement