Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build advice please!

Options
  • 02-06-2017 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm looking to get a computer for college work and gaming with a budget of €1100. I need a full set up and need advice on a balanced build that is the best for my budget. I would like to be able to upgrade in the future when I have more money to put towards it.

I tried pcpartpicker to choose what I want but it seems expensive to get parts from uk or Germany because of exchange rate and vat. Komplett don't have a very good selection of parts, either do elara. Another option I have considered is buying a pre built one from a site, but I am apprehensive about this as I have read that building your own is the way to go.

Whats the best way of going about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Cheapest places are Mindfactory or Amazon usually, just don't buy the case on MindFactory as they charge an extra €30 just to ship the case.

Other places to consider are Overclockers UK, Scan, Aria, etc.

If you're comfortable building it, you should go that option as you've far more flexibility to make it exactly how you'd like.

What do you mean by college work? It's hard to balance gaming v an unknown requirement, though on that budget the best processor is likely going to be an AMD Ryzen CPU.

Advertisement