Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P45 issues what can I do?

Options
  • 02-06-2017 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi all,
    On the 23rd of March I stopped working for my previous employer. I received my final pay on the 28th of April from them. It is now the 2nd of June and I still have not received my p45. I contacted revenue about 4 weeks ago and they said that they would request a p45 on my behalf but yet I still have not received anything. I am at my wits end with the company as I have over 400€ in emergency tax that is owed to me and being a student that is a considerable amount of money for me.
    I have contacted the employer so many times and they claim they'll 'get onto payroll' every time.
    Has anyone any similar issues or know what I can do?

Also, may be slightly irrelevant but in my last pay I did not receive any holiday pay that was owed to me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Who did you contact in the company ? Was the message passed to the appropriate person/department ? You should have received the P45 by now under normal conditions so I'd recommend you calculate the holiday pay that is owed to you, send it and a request for your P45 to the payroll department and the head of finance and/or HR. Tell them that unless you receive your P45 and remaining pay within x days or a valid excuse, you will be contacting Revenue to instigate proceedings to get it for you. Perhaps send by email initially and follow up with a phone call the next day.

Advertisement