Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden strimmer problem, please help!

Options
  • 02-06-2017 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hello

I have a Mount-field 5-In-1 Petrol Multi Tool
    And I am looking for some advise. The motor is running perfectly no problems but when I put on one of the attachments heads, the motor struggles more and more as I depress the switch until it finally cuts out.

What could be the problem?

Regards

JJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

any one of the heads? or just one? not very clear.

Clean or replace the spark plug. I had a problem like that with my multi. A new spark plug was the 1st thing I did and it's fine now

• Registered Users Posts: 34 HQ2011

Thanks I'll try that tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mfwic_47

I bought a Strimmer head to replace the tap & feed head. The one where you string a 12"+ length of line thru then go to town, it was so easy. Now I bought a "Universal" head that didn't feed my line on the head or wouldn't close the gap between the base plate and the strimmer head.

I can't remove the strimmer head from the old weedeater; it's just jammed, totally!

Advertisement