Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a mobile unblocked or unlocked

Options
  • 02-06-2017 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Looking to get my old phone unblocked so you can use any network on it, I want to sell the phone but it needs to be unblocked.

I went to CEX but they were useless, I had to get my 25 euro back in the end as the passwords were never sent to me.

Any recommendations? and costs

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

There's a new place opening next door to cex, past by there tonight, I reckon it will. E open after the weekend, you could try the place next door to Gregory's menswear in Patrick Street also, or irepair in Michael Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Aquos76 wrote: »
    There's a new place opening next door to cex, past by there tonight, I reckon it will. E open after the weekend, you could try the place next door to Gregory's menswear in Patrick Street also, or irepair in Michael Street.

Place by gregorys should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I used www.gsmliberty.net before. Unlocked an iPhone for $12.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Masala

gscully wrote: »
    I used www.gsmliberty.net before. Unlocked an iPhone for $12.

And that included Irish providers etc???

• Registered Users Posts: 82,560 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Try ebay, usually just have to give IMEI and provider name and they can it can be unlocked for less than €10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Masala wrote: »
    And that included Irish providers etc???

Mine worked no problem. Aren't the phone's locked by the manufacturer anyway?

Advertisement