Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Work

Options
  • 02-06-2017 3:39pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know it's only the June bank holiday. Earlier I left my job with terrible hours to take up a summer job and to hope and pray I get a decent job for the winter. I know I can walk back into my previous job at any time but I'm really sick of hotel work and my girlfriend is also sick of me being a moody cnut on my days off. My current work is great but it's seasonal, also in tourism. I'm studying in the winter also. I was wondering if anyone knew any places that look for winter work more so than summer work? I don't want to get into a career job as I plan on changing career when I graduate anyway, just something that'd put food on the table, so to speak.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

offhand the only winter work I know of is some one who does " summer" work then switches to oil delivery in Winter, but you'd need the licence etc. Other than that just Argos etc Christmas recruitment

At the same time a lot of places do need to replace some staff when people go back to college etc - this happens us actually but we use an agency - so maybe worth looking into agency work

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Tutsy Barry

Is boards modding not enough work for ya captain? I hear its well paid work that looks well on LinkedIn

I'll keep my ear to the ground for ya but that's often when I fall out of the wheelchair

Advertisement