Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witnesses required for Newry wedding

Options
  • 02-06-2017 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

We're getting married in a very short civil ceremony in Newry in July. We are looking for 2 witnesses. We may have to ask people on the street on the day, but just on the off chance that someone here might oblige, I thought I'd ask.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Weekday/Weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BillieBob101

368100 wrote: »
    Weekday/Weekend?

It's a Wednesday around lunchtime. Don't want to post exact times & dates but can give details by pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Alas I am too far away but hope you find someone, and congrats btw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

It's a Wednesday around lunchtime. Don't want to post exact times & dates but can give details by pm.

Oh, If it was a weekend I would have said no probs...but alas, i'll be chained ot the desk at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Did the same thing a few years ago! We had no witnesses and 2 lovely members of the staff there did it. You could ring them and ask in advance maybe.

I would oblige but can't say for certain if I will be around in July. If you're still stuck nearer the day ask me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 BillieBob101

sudzs wrote: »
    Did the same thing a few years ago! We had no witnesses and 2 lovely members of the staff there did it. You could ring them and ask in advance maybe.

I would oblige but can't say for certain if I will be around in July. If you're still stuck nearer the day ask me!

Thanks all. We asked at the registry office when we gave our notice if staff there could act as witnesses but we were told no! We were told that people asked on the street generally oblige so we will probably have to do that. Just nervous that we will be running around the streets trying to find someone so would love to have something sorted in advance.

Sudzs, thanks a million, I may well contact you closer to the time to see if you are free. Would really appreciate it if you could do it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

if it is the end of July let me know.

OP, I'll happily do it

I am currently living nearby, it's a short nip into Newry. PM to exchange numbers, if you like.

Congrats!

Advertisement