Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work going on at the Cottage bar

Options
  • 02-06-2017 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Looks like something's finally happening at the Cottage....twas a great pub, hopefully they don't change the inside
    [IMG][/img]Cottage.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Wasn't there whispers of it being a Weatherspoons (sp?) or was that scrapped?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

inisboffin wrote: »
    Wasn't there whispers of it being a Weatherspoons (sp?) or was that scrapped?

99% it isn't as they haven't released any news on an opening. They always announce openings a long time in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Do you think it's definitely going to re-open as a pub? A big refurb job has been ongoing on the Cottage premises and the adjoining two houses for the last few months. For some reason I just assumed that the Cottage was being turned into apartments. I hope I'm wrong as I'd love to see it reopen as a bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

99% certain the ground floor interior has been changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

99% sure that this is a thread regarding Work going on at the Cottage bar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

99% certain the ground floor interior has been changed.

Changed in such a way as to make it into living accommodation or changed to make it into a different kind of pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Changed in such a way as to make it into living accommodation or changed to make it into a different kind of pub?

Don't know: i got a brief glance through the open front door. Got a very strong impression of changes being made, but didn't see enough to know what.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

pj's next door getting a fresh lick of paint too

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Galwayps

It's going to be tourist accommodation with a smaller pub.
    It was a hotel In the distant past so going back in time.
    Owner has already leased out

Advertisement