Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 212 Holloway v Aldo Sat 3rd June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Boom. Passing of the Guard. Delighted for Max. He is an active fighter and I was rooting for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

What a performance Max, absolutely clinical stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Delighted for Max!!!!!

Aldo didn't look right at all. Looked knackered very very early!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Incredible, Max Holloway is p4p one of the best ever 11 fight win streak 25 years of age my god

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Great finish from Holloway. Just kept on him and came back from being down early

darced wrote: »

It was the right time. John gave him so much time.....but all Aldo was doing was turtling. Aldo was out of it. Fight was over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

LOVE IT!!!!!!!! GOOD WORK MAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Good Aul scrap.

What lies ahead for Aldo now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Great for Max!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Kirby wrote: »
    It was the right time. John gave him so much time.....but all Aldo was doing was turtling. Aldo was out of it. Fight was over.

Ya, Jose was unbelievably tough, Max was damn near punched out. Like Homer's opponents in the Simpsons.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Great fight and result for Holloway, he just keeps getting better every fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Good Aul scrap.

What lies ahead for Aldo now?

A move up to 155 or retirement would by my guesses. Don't see him doing too well at the higher weight though tbh.

darced wrote: »

Trust me, damage was being done. Those punches were landing. Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) is a real thing and the Ref has a responsibility to protect the fighters when they are taking more than a dozen strikes without reply. We will have to agree to disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Genuinely have to worry about the state of Aldo's chin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

The silence was deafening when it was stopped too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

Man I hate those type of stoppages! The right call and all, but it is more a case that Jose was checked mate and couldn't get out than taking serious damage. I guess the risk is always there that he misses a block with his hands and takes a damaging blow to the temple.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Aldo has been broken ever since the Conor fight. Getting destroyed like that so quickly seemed to make him mortal rather than the dominating champ he was.

I thought he would have too much for Max but he didn't bring much. Baffling how he didn't do more leg kicks early on.Max looked there for the taking. Max seemed to grow into the fight as Aldo went downhill.

Kirby wrote: »
    Trust me, damage was being done. Those punches were landing. Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) is a real thing and the Ref has a responsibility to protect the fighters when they are taking more than a dozen strikes without reply. We will have to agree to disagree.

The punches were landing on his hands though but as per my previous post there is a high risk that his hands miss a punch.

• Advertisement

Aldo has been broken ever since the Conor fight. Getting destroyed like that so quickly seemed to make him mortal rather than the dominating champ he was.

I thought he would have too much for Max but he didn't bring much. Baffling how he didn't do more leg kicks early on.Max looked there for the taking. Max seemed to grow into the fight as Aldo went downhill.

Aldo's leg kicks are vicious but they are sapping. They tire him out a lot. It's why he doesn't throw them anymore.

It is kinda like Ronda. Eventually the new breed of athlete catch up to those that set the standard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Wonder if people will stop sleeping on Max now, his 145 run is arguably the best ever, Aldos legacy has taken another smashing tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

GerryDerpy wrote: »
    It is kinda like Ronda. Eventually the new breed of athlete catch up to those that set the standard.

Ah come on, Also is a completely different class than Ronda. Show respect man. Your point is valid though, and well done to Max. Active, busy, 11 wins in a row, and not against bums. This guy is the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Gamebred wrote: »
    Wonder if people will stop sleeping on Max now, his 145 run is arguably the best ever, Aldos legacy has taken another smashing tonight.

Why?

Every fighter gets beaten by time/the next generation being better than the one before.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Man, what I would give to see McGregor vs Holloway 2.

myshirt wrote: »
    Ah come on, Also is a completely different class than Ronda. Show respect man. Your point is valid though, and well done to Max. Active, busy, 11 wins in a row, and not against bums. This guy is the real deal.

This is the thing with max. He is super active, and he has fought everyone put in front of him. I see people jizzing themselves over guys like Khabib.....who have fought cans their entire career, pull out constantly, etc. and I just shake my head. Max should be way more popular than he is. He deserves the hype and I hope this is the start of it for him.

• Advertisement

myshirt wrote: »

Oh don't get me wrong, Aldo is a legend. But he has been the target for Holloway and McGregor from when they first turned pro, earlier for Max even! So they have a standard that they know they have to reach.

Advertisement