Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glen Campbell - Adios

• 02-06-2017 7:26pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was going to put this into the "What are you listening to thread" but I thought it deserves a thread of it's own.

Glen Campbell, one of the greats of country music, has released a new single, from his soon to be released album. When I first heard this I thought "Glen Campbell is still alive?!?" So I looked him up on Wikipedia to discover that he is still alive though suffering from an advanced stage of Alzheimers. When he was diagnosed in 2011 he recorded one final album though is now no longer aware that he was ever a singer of songs.

His cover of Jimmy Webb's "Adios" is the first single...

http://vevo.ly/76m4q9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Ponster wrote: »
    I was going to put this into the "What are you listening to thread" but I thought it deserves a thread of it's own.

Glen Campbell, one of the greats of country music, has released a new single, from his soon to be released album. When I first heard this I thought "Glen Campbell is still alive?!?" So I looked him up on Wikipedia to discover that he is still alive though suffering from an advanced stage of Alzheimers. When he was diagnosed in 2011 he recorded one final album though is now no longer aware that he was ever a singer of songs.

His cover of Jimmy Webb's "Adios" is the first single...

http://vevo.ly/76m4q9

Such a shame how his health has effected him so much. One of the finest guitar players and once session musician on beach boys albums.

Well worth to watch his documentary
    "I'll be me"

Advertisement