Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upstairs renovation

Options
  • 02-06-2017 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭

Looking for opinions / thoughts on the price of a job that I’d like to get done in the house.

Upstairs renovation of sorts, redo the bathrooms and replace the plasterboard, skimming and skirting / architrave replacement. I’ll be supplying the tiles and bathroom furnishings.

Bathroom 1 - 3.5sqm approx.
    Replace bath, toilet and sink. Toilet changing position. Shower pump instalment and hanging some shelves / presses, mirror, bath partition.
    Ceiling extractor fan installation.
    Replace plasterboard, skirting and floor and wall tiles.

Bathroom 2, small ensuite. 2sqm approx.
    Replace bath, toilet and sink.
    Ceiling extractor fan installation.
    Replace plasterboard, skirting and floor and wall tiles.

Bedroom 1 - 10sqm approx
    Bedroom 2 - 10sqm approx
    Bedroom 3 - 3.5sqm approx.

All rooms replace skirting, architrave, plasterboards and skim the plasterboard.

I've been quoted around 10,000 including VAT which is quite a bit more than I can afford so I'm either going to keep looking around or reduce the scope of the work.

Thanks

Advertisement