Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JC Panic- Mock Results

• 02-06-2017 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi! the JC's a week away and i am ****ting it
    i've been doing serious 5 hour study for the last 3 weeks in a row and before i would study for exams or theroms or class tests. From September to December i've had at least 3 tests a week or more, i do study and the majority of my exam papers are filled out.
    in the mocks i got. I do all honours apart from irish
    ENGLISH- 83% i was really happy with this as i did no studying, my english teacher is very good and we have been answering questions that appear in the exams since 1st year
    FRENCH- 54% initially i didn't pass but my french teacher added 20% because our marker was quiet harsh,we did have reviision tests in the past couple of weeks and i got all B's so im i'll do okay
    MATH- 49% I PASSED , paper 1 from revision i can do alright in since all in since all we've done after the mocks is revision papers,paper 2 i still struggle with, all i want is to pass -any tips?
    IRISH-72% it was easy i never look at a book for pass irish ,i did an aurual aswell so im hoping it went okay
    GEOGRAPHY- 78% I was really happy with this result ,everyone in my class saw the papers bu i didnt,if i get this result i'll be happy because i dont think i want to do it for leaving
    HISTORY-65% i was very upset with this result ,usually i get A's but i have studied more so hoping it will be okay
    C.S.P.E- 76% that was grand our action project actually worked so i say that will be alright
    ART-95% I was happy with this,art is my strongest subject so i say it will be grand
    HOME EC- 69% i was kinda annoyed by this result but i knew i didnt put enough study in for it before the mocks
    SCIENCE - 66% and she added 10% for the booklets ,i was alirght with this but i thought it would be better

Any tips on how to do well in the couple of days left and how to use my time wisely ,now me and my sister are going over science definitions and making flash cards, ALSO if you fail math are you automatically placed into a pass class

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Don't be. Just keep doing what you normally do. Trust me, you will fly through it. I was the same last year and then when I got to it, I found it so easy. Much easier than the mock exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 studying4dayss

Really? people say the mocks are harder but im still nervous
    thank you so much for your help! :)

Really? people say the mocks are harder but im still nervous
    thank you so much for your help! :)

Yes I'm being serious. I regret being so worried for them, don't want you to regret like I did.

thats a small relief :) Thank you!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You're not close to failing anything. You will be fine. Don't leave out any questions and read each question a few times to make sure you answer what you are actually being asked.

• Advertisement

Thnak you so much! i always doubt myself tho so i hope it goes alright
    Question:do you know if you fail math are you automatically put into pass??

Thnak you so much! i always doubt myself tho so i hope it goes alright
    Question:do you know if you fail math are you automatically put into pass??

Not at all. My classmate always failed HL Maths and still continues to do it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That would be up to your school.
    Someone who has followed the HL JC course and got an E would have a much better chance in most schools of getting into HL for LC than someone who only followed the OL JC course and got an A.

spurious wrote: »
    That would be up to your school.
    Someone who has followed the HL JC course and got an E would have a much better chance in most schools of getting into HL for LC than someone who only followed the OL JC course and got an A.

so if i failed the JC math paper,could i ask to try and countinue in honours mah or would i have to try pass math??

You're not going to fail, but yes, most schools would let you stay in HL and see how you go.
    Don't be worrying about things like that now.

• Advertisement

maths s my worst subject so i constantly worry about it
    thank you so much for your help!

Advertisement