Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The No Late Late/Ray Darcy Show For The Summer Thread 2017

• 02-06-2017 10:51pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭

No one has started one of these threads yet? RTE showing Philomena as the film tonight, at least we're getting our fill of misery anyway.

Do you miss LLS/Ray Darcy when they're off for the summer? 22 votes

Yes I do, both shows are amazing television
    0%
    I only watch it cos the weekly threads here are a good laugh
    13%
    Say Your NumberAutosportJ.pilkington 3 votes
    Are you mad, both shows are utter crap
    86%
    goose2005CH3OHislanderreRayMgolondrinasOl' DonietwirlagigAtlantic DawnsquadroSay Your NumberWelsh Megamandublinman1990Deise VuClonmel1000morebarn2homenotawayLemonpossetAllForItMikeyTaylor 19 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Nice one.

Watching something called "The Graham Norton Show" here. Seems to be some sort of talking show. Like to LLS, but no farms or Cancer yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,599 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Nice one.

Watching something called "The Graham Norton Show" here. Seems to be some sort of talking show. Like to LLS, but no farms or Cancer yet.

Any features on antiques or lambs tied to torture devices on this Graham Norton show you speak of?

Any features on antiques or lambs tied to torture devices on this Graham Norton show you speak of?

No, none of that.

But here's the thing, the people on the couch look...familiar. It's like I've seen them somewhere before. Quite unnerving, not used to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,574 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Watching Mossion Impissible on TV3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

No, none of that.

But here's the thing, the people on the couch look...familiar. It's like I've seen them somewhere before. Quite unnerving, not used to this.

Very same feeling here. Also, I may have chuckled once or twice during this show. It was as if I found something funny/amusing. Now that's a new one on me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

So what's the story people? How do we all feel about Tubridy's presenting at this stage, is he getting any better, getting any worse... Is it time for somebody new?

Can we have a poll on that?

My head is still spinning from that Graham...

*looks at TV Guide*

...Norton show. So many things I'm not used to seeing on my TV on a Friday night - an entertaining, competent presenter. Star guests. The audience laughing and smiling. People having...fun.

Is this the future of television?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I'm warning ye now lads, no good will come from watching this so-called Graham Norton Show.

It'll all end in tears, just like when Troy McClure was in Stop The Planet Of The Apes, I Want To Get Off! and he didn't listen to the Apes and he kept showing off and then he found out that he wasn't in Space at all, at all.

Well, I am in a serious pickle tonight.

How can I watch the Champions League final and that Howard Goodall Sgt Pepper yoke at 9?

I only have one telly, none of your fancy recording devices, and half an attention span.

Whatever will I do?

Pickle, pickle, pickle...

How can I watch the Champions League final and that Howard Goodall Sgt Pepper yoke at 9?

I only have one telly, none of your fancy recording devices, and half an attention span.

Whatever will I do?

Well Donie, the Howard Goodall Sergeant Pepper thing promises to be splendid but if needs must it is repeated on Fab BBC Four next Friday at 10pm & 2.35am!

• Advertisement

Whatever will I do?

Although the soccerball is being held in the greatest city on Earth :cool: it's gotta be all things Pepper!

A splendid time is guaranteed for all :)

Although the soccerball is being held in the greatest city on Earth :cool: it's gotta be all things Pepper!

A splendid time is guaranteed for all :)

I'd decided to go with the highlights on itv later...but jesus this is the best final ever!

That Mandukic goal is the best thing I've ever seen in my life.

I'd just like to be the first person to say it's a shame that a great game like this has to be decided on penalties

(just in case it is)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Fair play to tubs, massive ratings again this year, so a real money spinner for RTÉ, from a commercial perspective he is easily worth his salary.

Let's hope he isn't poached by a UK firm.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

And I have to say one of the voting options shows how deluded some of the regulars are here, referring to these threads which are appparently a "laugh" I'm sorry but a small handful of posters engaged in a weekly 200 post circle xxxx where 95% of the posts are depressing whinges is not funny for anyone outside the small few who choose to be in the circle.

As I've said many times if I don't like a tv programme I turn it off / over. It's not like it's the 1960s where there is only one tv station. Even if some of you are hard up for cash there are endless free options out there so there is no excuse for watching a tv programme you clearly don't like for the purpose of bitching on a public forum with a handful of strangers. Life is too short.

Skid X wrote: »
    I'd just like to be the first person to say it's a shame that a great game like this has to be decided on penalties

(just in case it is)

Penos. Best thing ever. Love 'em.

Good news for anyone missing their fix of death and illness, there is a mini series about the Kennedys on RTE1 next weekend.

Good news for anyone missing their fix of death and illness, there is a mini series about the Kennedys on RTE1 next weekend.

The Philomena-Beaches 1-2 last night had me in stitches.

Possibly the first time anyone's ever said that.

The Philomena-Beaches 1-2 last night had me in stitches.

That's got to be straight into my all time favourite sentences ever list.

• Advertisement

And I have to say one of the voting options shows how deluded some of the regulars are here, referring to these threads which are appparently a "laugh" I'm sorry but a small handful of posters engaged in a weekly 200 post circle xxxx where 95% of the posts are depressing whinges is not funny for anyone outside the small few who choose to be in the circle.

As I've said many times if I don't like a tv programme I turn it off / over. It's not like it's the 1960s where there is only one tv station. Even if some of you are hard up for cash there are endless free options out there so there is no excuse for watching a tv programme you clearly don't like for the purpose of bitching on a public forum with a handful of strangers. Life is too short.

If you think my liking the LLS thread is what makes me deluded, sweetheart, you don't know me at all.

Does anyone know if Stay There! with Miriam is returning for another fabulous Summer Series this year?

Does anyone know if Stay There! with Miriam is returning for another fabulous Summer Series this year?

God, I hope s....

Actually, I'm quite indifferent.

Pretty sure it would've been mentioned by now on tv though,.

God, I hope s....

Actually, I'm quite indifferent.

Pretty sure it would've been mentioned by now on tv though,.

I am hugely pleased that we have gone several years referring to that show as Stay There! with Miriam without causing any confusion around here.

To be fair, it's a far, far better title than the vernacular usage.

What's it actually called?

In my head it is actually called Stay There.

I believe it is officially titled 'Mir's Summer Snuggly Funtime HappyDance Chatty Show'

I'm open to correction, but I am extremely hubristic that I am correct in this instance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Genuinely Miriam?

From the RTE One Facebook page
    Stay There! with Miriam is back for its 13th season starting on the 1st July and every Saturday night on RTE One until the 19th August! Get ready for another summer of great Saturday night television with a show full of entertainment, fantastic guests and exciting music every week, and of course Miriam O’ Callaghan herself!

#13SummersofMir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Your views *are* respected... but please don't spoil the fun. :o:)

If you scratch everyone else's back, everyone else will scratch yours. :);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Sadness_Quotes2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

From the RTE One Facebook page
    Stay There! with Miriam is back for its 13th season starting on the 1st July and every Saturday night on RTE One until the 19th August! Get ready for another summer of great Saturday night television with a show full of entertainment, fantastic guests and exciting music every week, and of course Miriam O’ Callaghan herself!

#13SummersofMir

:D:D:D:):););)

I guess the Mirgathread will be started when the line-up for the first episode is announced. ;)

Not so long ago the show looked tired, with not much money being spent on Mir's wardrobe or on guests from outside Ireland. Mir claimed that Irish viewers preferred to see Irish guests, and probably still would if she was asked. However, there *had* been a fair few from Britain in the show's early years, including even Daniel Radcliffe...

Fortunately, the show has really returned to form in the last season or two. The number of guests from outside Ireland has gone back up, and Mir's wearing dresses again. Last season was the cheesiest yet, but it was certainly the good kind of cheese. :D;)

Here's hoping the upward trend continues - and that this 13th season isn't unlucky. :o;)

That Kennedys Mini Series is on tonight and tomorrow.

Apparently it's a follow up to a series they showed a few years back in which some of the Kennedys died.

Joey Potter from Dawson's Creek is Jackie O.

Chandler Bing from Friends is Ted Kennedy.

Ha, Dawson's Creek.

I totally used to watch that for the whingy (oh, jesus were they whingy) teen angst storylines. And the endlessly meandering dialogue.

And definitly not for Joey Potter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Watching this now. Thanks to Skid X
    11pm Arena: American Epic - The Sessions (BBC4)
    Elton John, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Alabama Shakes, Jack White, Nas, Ana Gabriel, Beck, Los Lobos and Steve Martin are among the modern artists who test their skills against the demands of the recording machine that literally made American music. There are no edits, no overdubs, and no retakes, and the disc only allows for three minutes of recording time. Despite these limitations, today's recordings for American Epic have one advantage - the freshly recorded sound is crystal clear and of an astonishing depth, transporting listeners vividly into the past - and the future. Narrated by Robert Redford. Last in the series

Ow! City Slickers 2 is on.

Yeehaw!

Perfect after a Twin Peaks mentalness marathon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I see this Friday Daniel O'Donnell is back with The Daniel O'Donnell Show, however the oddballs in RTE though have decided to show a Best Of LLS on at 9.35-10.40 and then Daniels show starts then, you couldn't make the sheite scheduling up :rolleyes:.

webANXthedodshowser.jpg&resize=485
    New series. The first of three hour-long music shows from Daniel O'Donnell, with special guest Mary Duff.

19060164_1820364411626682_8732988640411910413_n.jpg?oh=5cbc75dc26fdbc49b9ad96e0c6c24489&oe=59A281B7

A Vintage RTE Guide Cover Photo of Grace Kelly there

Nicole Kidman plays Grace in Saturday Night's RTE1 Biopic 'Grace of Monaco' (9.15pm)
    Premiere. Biopic of Grace Kelly, following her difficult transition from Hollywood star to European royalty after her marriage to Prince Rainier of Monaco. As she struggles to adapt to her new role, she is drawn into a diplomatic conflict as the French government seeks to put an end to the principality's status as a tax haven. Starring Nicole Kidman, Tim Roth, Frank Langella and Derek Jacobi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

A Vintage RTE Guide Cover Photo of Grace Kelly there

A contemporary RTE Guide Cover Photo of the bould Blá, waiting around the set for somebody to bully.

000db6e1-614.jpg?ratio=0.77

Now you're talking...

*looks for one with Nuala Carey*

M

I think I know why they have put Daniel on at 10.40, they want the big guns out for going head to head with Norton :D

Just saw this online...

Is it just me, or does the boy look like Tubs? Was it intentionally drawn that way?

It's not as if Ryan has ever shown any interest in JFK :pac: :D

• Advertisement

Is it wrong to start liking Al Porter?

:blush:

Is it wrong to start liking Al Porter?

:blush:

Nope. He's a sharp guy.

Not all of his jokes land, as far as I'm concerned, but he has his moments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He's actually alright when he's being serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Can't listen to him for long on the radio though, his voice goes through me

Nope. He's a sharp guy.

Not all of his jokes land, as far as I'm concerned, but he has his moments.

Funnier than Jason Byrne, anyway :D

Things I learnt today when I should have been doing things -

Jimmy Savile was almost the Voice of The Wombles :eek:

https://twitter.com/Mike_Batt/status/875715745354829824

Luckily Bernard Cribbins stepped in, he's a legend.

He also had a cracking little song called Right Said Fred. Quite possibly where Right Said Fred got their name

Funnier than Jason Byrne, anyway :D

A Chinese burn is funnier than Jason Byrne.

Things I learnt today when I should have been doing things -

Jimmy Savile was almost the Voice of The Wombles :eek:

https://twitter.com/Mike_Batt/status/875715745354829824

Luckily Bernard Cribbins stepped in, he's a legend.

He also had a cracking little song called Right Said Fred. Quite possibly where Right Said Fred got their name

I never saw The Wombles when I was a kid. I remember people in school talking about it and not knowing what the f*ck was going on.

If you could put one "musician" in Room 101 who would it be?

I think it'd have to be Williams. Either him on that eejit from Coldplay.

M

Wee Daniel up next...

• Advertisement
Advertisement