Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTTP ERROR 502

Options
  • 03-06-2017 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Typical Friday shenanigans...

So, webmail is down again. No big surprise, I guess?
    HTTP ERROR 502

Problem accessing ZCS upstream server. Cannot connect to the ZCS upstream server. Connection is refused.
    Possible reasons:

upstream server is unreachable
    upstream server is currently being upgraded
    upstream server is down
    Please contact your ZCS administrator to fix the problem.

Powered by Nginx-Zimbra://

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi the_syco,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear this.

I have queried this with our technical support team and will be in touch as soon as I have received an update.

Thanks,
    Anna

I have been advised of the below. Once agreeing to the terms and conditions, we will be able to put your webmail account onto the new mailbox platform and this will then take up to 2 working days and this should amend this issue.

Thank you for contacting eir Broadband Support to upgrade your Classic Webmail Account.

To allow us to proceed with the migration we need you to read the below carefully, and then respond to this email stating that you agree to the terms and conditions if you wish to continue with the upgrade.  On receipt of your confirmation, we will endeavour to complete the mailbox migration within 5 working days.

Terms and Conditions:

Any email that has not been downloaded from your account prior to the upgrade will be lost.
    You agree to download any email you wish to keep before accepting these terms and conditions.
    An email confirming that you accept these terms and conditions must be replied to.
    If you do not clearly state that you agree with these Terms and Conditions in your reply we will not migrate the account and the request for an upgrade will not be processed.
    Acceptance of the terms and conditions must be sent from the email account you would like to be upgraded.
    Your upgraded email account will have the same password associated with it
    During the migration period, you will need to continue to pop your mail until the migration is complete

Downloading your email using POP:

When you download email using POP the emails are transferred to your computer/device. They are no longer stored on the Eircom Email server.

You can use POP to ensure that you have a copy of any email that you want to keep before we upgrade your email account.

If you agree to these terms and conditions, please PM me your email address, "Yes you agree" and full name and I will forward this on.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I have been advised of the below. Once agreeing to the terms and conditions, we will be able to put your webmail account onto the new mailbox platform and this will then take up to 2 working days and this should amend this issue.

Thank you for contacting eir Broadband Support to upgrade your Classic Webmail Account.

To allow us to proceed with the migration we need you to read the below carefully, and then respond to this email stating that you agree to the terms and conditions if you wish to continue with the upgrade. On receipt of your confirmation, we will endeavour to complete the mailbox migration within 5 working days.

Terms and Conditions:

Any email that has not been downloaded from your account prior to the upgrade will be lost.
    You agree to download any email you wish to keep before accepting these terms and conditions.

An email confirming that you accept these terms and conditions must be replied to.
    If you do not clearly state that you agree with these Terms and Conditions in your reply we will not migrate the account and the request for an upgrade will not be processed.
    Acceptance of the terms and conditions must be sent from the email account you would like to be upgraded.
    Your upgraded email account will have the same password associated with it
    During the migration period, you will need to continue to pop your mail until the migration is complete
    So either I wipe my email account, or I put up with the ****-ups? I'll deal with the ****-ups, but as per attached file, I don't think I'm on the Classic Webmail anymore?

I do apologise, however, this is what is needed to amend this.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'll leave it as is, then. Pretty sure I'm not on the Classic anymore, though. You can close the ticket.

• Advertisement

I will forward this on to our technical support team for you.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement