Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How about a thread for questions from prospective buyers?

• 03-06-2017 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭

As someone who has been following the EV market for a few years now, and who will likely dip into it in the next year or so,do you think a thread for potential buyers to ask whatever questions pop up would be worth a sticky?

I appreciate there might be individual threads for each EV, but maybe an overall, one fits all thread might be a big help for those with questions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I see where you are coming from, but people usually just start their own thread when they are in the situation that they are thinking about buying and EV. It seems to work well, people get loads of help and genuinely good advice when they start a thread like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,674 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

It would be impossible as it would quickly deteriorate into all sorts of, if one was lucky, just tangential discussions, not to mention folk who are just tfl to do research, you know the poster type, normally typing with one hand:
    "Don't know if this question has been asked before...
    "Can't seem to find the answer...[ which is usually in the post above..:) ]
    "Apologies if ..
    etc"

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I agree, start your own thread. The forum is small enough so it won't disappear like the main motors forum.

Maybe it's just me but I've stopped posting in the main forum as the same threads seem to appear year after year asking the same questions.

Maybe I'm just around too long and getting cranky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,674 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

kceire wrote: »
    I agree, start your own thread. The forum is small enough so it won't disappear like the main motors forum.

Maybe it's just me but I've stopped posting in the main forum as the same threads seem to appear year after year asking the same questions.

Maybe I'm just around too long and getting cranky.

The same issue arises over in DIY/Construction etc.
    I have cut back over there as well, ever since reading this book
    http://www.easons.com/p-4582358-tools-of-titans.aspx?gclid=CKaplv_EpNQCFa677Qod7TsByg

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement