Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair.

• 03-06-2017 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Right, so I've gone and gotten blonde hair. My junior cert is on Monday and I wanna know does my school have the power to stop me from doing my junior cert ? In my journal it says "natural colours are permitted" but I'm still paranoid. Do they ??.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

Who knows? You will just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Where did you get the blonde hair? Seriously, why didn't you read your journal before you went to get the blonde hair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,890 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Blonde is a natural hair colour, the fact that it's not *your* natural colour shouldn't make any difference. They're likely referring to blues and pinks and whatnot.

I never really got the point of these arbitrary rules though. What on earth someone's hair colour has to do with their ability to learn is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hespith

I'm not sure whether or not you're serious, but I'm going to answer you anyway because I also went to a school that was anal about hair dye. Your school does not have the power to stop you from doing your JC because of your hair colour. If they didn't let you sit your exams over something so trivial, they would be in a lot more trouble from the state if your parents decided to respond legally than you would be over a dress code.

Good luck in the Junior Cert. Take care

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Your school has the power to refuse you entry to the building, if you do not follow the rules, which you agreed with when enrolling.

They cannot stop you sitting your exams, but they can stop you sitting them in their building.

I hope they don't enforce the rules you agreed with, but you have only yourself to blame if they do.

You couldn't wait a few weeks and then get your hair dyed? Were you looking for a confrontation?

• Advertisement
Advertisement