Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Small Tin of paint to match dulux total cover matt white

• 03-06-2017 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

I need to do some small touch-ups on a wall, tiny amount.

The walls have dulux total cover matt white, and this only comes in massive 10L tubs.

Anyone advise of a smaller tin that would match it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

No, I'm afraid you'll have to paint the walls again, no touch up will match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Even if I get identical paint? I've seen painters cover marks before without issue.

I can get the big tub if it has to be the same type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

It depends on how long it has been painted. All paint begins to fade a little after a few months. You could try patching with the same paint and if it doesn't work, paint the wall again. When patching feather out the sides of the fresh paint, so it blends with the original. Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

If you only have to repaint one wall, just get enough of any decent matt white paint to do that wall. With the effects of light and shadow it's very unlikely to look unmatched with the rest of the room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

thanks for the advice guys.

we got a tin of dulux matt , much smaller than the bug 10 liter tub and it works fine.

The house was painted about 2 months ago so its relatively fresh, and wont have faded much. blended it in as advised and its un-noticeable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 gilbarry

Testing 123

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gilbarry

Hi Fret_Wimp2..what was the exact name of the small tin of Dulux matt white you got that you say matched the Total Cover Matt White painted walls, as I too just need a.small tin to patch up a small section of wall

Advertisement