Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

non renewal of lease agreement letter

Options
  • 03-06-2017 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    We were given non renewal of lease agreement letter as Landlord requires apartment for his own use. We have to give possession up on 20th of September 2017. We are about to apply for a mortgage and are afraid not to be able to finalize it before 20th of September. What can we do to extend our time of residence in current place?
    Thanks,

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

molotow wrote: »
    What can we do to extend our time of residence in current place?
    Thanks,

ask the landlord

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

No need to do anything. IF you are there more than 6 months you have part 4 rights and must get a notice of termination. You have not been given one so just ignore the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 molotow

the letter also contains the notice of termination with end of lease day +42 days for us to leave

the letter also contains the notice of termination with end of lease day +42 days for us to leave

Have you tried coming to an agreement with the landlord for an extra few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 molotow

not yet. i will try but first wanted to know if there is anything else i could do

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

That is not valid. Notice can't be given during the currency of a fixed term lease. Ignore it.

not yet. i will try but first wanted to know if there is anything else i could do

By far the simplest, least-stress option is to agree something with your landlord.

Advertisement