Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Final | Juventus V Real Madrid KO 19:45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Rodriquez doing a half Terry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Why can't that 'I got a feeling' sh1te just die.

It's been dead for years! Unfortunately it just seems the Welsh are 10 years behind the rest of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Why can't that 'I got a feeling' sh1te just die.

I knew my night was doomed when i heard that song earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Ramos is a cheat once again. Great actor

If someone went out to injure me off the ball, I would make sure I done all I could to punish them. Ramos is a d*ck but he had every right to go down, however theatrically when he got stood on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,297 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Juventus were an absolute shambles tonight.
    Totally lost their shape and discipline.
    Allegri got his tactics all wrong, far too open and sloppy.
    The players bottled it, could barely move in the second half, paralysed by nerves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Notorious wrote: »
    All the diving and theatrics have taken away from their performance IMO. The ref has blown hot and cold tonight; he hasn't been consistent in doling out cards.

Unfortunately they're not alone in the diving & theatrics, to suggest they're on a different level from other teams like Barca, Bayern with the diving is completely wrong IMO.

I didn't see too much wrong from the ref tbh and I wanted Juve to win the game

It's been dead for years! Unfortunately it just seems the Welsh are 10 years behind the rest of the world.

Unfortunately it also gets an airing in Croker :(
    A woeful song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Ronaldo rewriting the record books every time he plays. Absolutely top class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It was actually pretty reckless by Ramos before the sending off. Two feet off the ground for the tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

kona wrote: »
    Real madrid are a fantastic team with the best player in the world.
    They would be worthy of it.

Well deserved , brilliant team and the best player in the world again shows why he is the best player in the world.

A champions league x2 and a european cup inside a year is a unbelievable achievement.

Id fear for any english team against madrid next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Greatest club side of all time. Two in a row. Three in four ðŸ‘

Led by the greatest player of all time

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    Ronaldo rewriting the record books every time he plays. Absolutely top class

He's superb. An outstanding player. There is such a dearth of top class footballers like him in world football that ive gone to the stage im grateful for the few that are there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Ever get your foot stood on by a guy wearing football blades?

It's bloody sore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Delighted for Juventus. Couldn't happen to a nicer club. Buffon excepted.

just curious but why do you dislike Juve?

I don't like corruption in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

niallo27 wrote: »
    It was actually pretty reckless by Ramos before the sending off. Two feet off the ground for the tackle.

I thought that myself, if he had not of won the ball so cleanly he could have been in trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

First Black Eyed Peas, now Coldplay. UEFA are truly sick bastards for torturing the Juventus fans in the stadium like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Well I dont support Juve and im pretty sure you don't support Madrid so why am I bitter.

You know why, I don't need to spell it out and I don't go into it here.

My bias is as bad as yours, thankfully I don't try and hide behind posts claiming neutrality.

Dunphy with a new level if hyperbole tonight.

Juve were great up to this match, now they are rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

NIMAN wrote: »
    Ever get your foot stood on by a guy wearing football blades?

It's bloody sore.

The pain subsides immediately though upon the opposing player receiving a red card. Best cure ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ZZ has done an amazing job with this group to be honest unable to buy and bring in his own players and wins back to back European Cups and a League.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Are you a Madrid fan? :confused: Or is this just the boards equivalent response of "I know you are but what am I?"

'your missus'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Well won by Madrid, juve clearly second best.

Ramos thought, what a disgrace. Turning off the telly before he presentation couldn't watch him lift that trophy after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

But Real Madrid are OK what with the rezoning and selling of the training ground to the Local government that conveniently wiped away all their debts.And that's just what we know.

Dunphy called them out with similar criticism in the semis to be fair. I am not saying he doesn't hyperbole but he has said some of the stuff before, and a good bit of the faults he highlighted then were exposed tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Greatest club side of all time. Two in a row. Three in four ?

Led by the greatest player of all time

A great side, but if we're talking about the greatest club sides of all time, surely dominating domestically should be a prerequisite. This Real side's domestic record is poor relative to their quality

Ronaldo Junior feigning injury!

Thank god im not watching that jokeshop. He should be put out to pasture. Giles was far from perfect but there is no way id have forced him out before Dunphy

Some hot wags out there ! There is something about a woman in a soccer jersey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Ahh right, with you now. Fair play for answering.

• Advertisement

Allegri blew it.

You play a back 4 all year and then switch to a back three with only 2 prope midfielder one of whom is Pjanic who is not really a great worker, so you're left with 2 midfield players up against Madrids 4.The 2 wide attackers are really strikers so they weren't going to help out in midfield either.

No wonder they ran out of steam in the second half.

Marchisio should have started and Barzagli should have been on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

LiamoSail wrote: »
    A great side, but if we're talking about the greatest club sides of all time, surely dominating domestically should be a prerequisite. This Real side's domestic record is poor relative to their quality

Hard to dominate any league that contains a barcelona team with messi.
    Thats before you mention athletico.

klose wrote: »
    Well won by Madrid, juve clearly second best.

Ramos thought, what a disgrace. Turning off the telly before he presentation couldn't watch him lift that trophy after that.

Over reaction or not intentionally stamping whether it's on your head or your foot is not just a yellow card but a straight red. He deserved to go anyone claiming otherwise after watching that replay takes bias to a whole new level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Ronaldo Junior feigning injury!

The greatest player of all time sharing a family moment after leading his team to glory. Again. Induces goosebumps.

Drink it in boys. We are witnessing a legend.

LiamoSail wrote: »

They won the league this year...

My bias is as bad as yours, .

LOL you edited that fairly quick. Just as well eh? :D

• Advertisement

LOL you edited that fairly quick. Just as well eh? :D

Yea that typo reading boss would have humiliated me :)

He knew what he was doing, he stamped on ramos deliberately, and tried to pretend it was an accident when caught.

**** him I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

But Real Madrid are OK what with the rezoning and selling of the training ground to the Local government that conveniently wiped away all their debts.And that's just what we know.

I don't like Real Madrid either.

But I do think there is a difference between those two things, an obvious difference that isn't worth going into now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

RoryMac wrote: »
    Unfortunately they're not alone in the diving & theatrics, to suggest they're on a different level from other teams like Barca, Bayern with the diving is completely wrong IMO.

I didn't see too much wrong from the ref tbh and I wanted Juve to win the game

'Tis a shame but diving has become too commonplace in the game. I don't know if they're on a different level to Bayern/Barce tbf, but there was an awful lot today. I think it's especially horrible to see when a team are winning by two goals.

The greatest player of all time sharing a family moment after leading his team to glory. Again. Induces goosebumps.

Drink it in boys. We are witnessing a legend.

Was the child's mother there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Over reaction or not intentionally stamping whether it's on your head or your foot is not just a yellow card but a straight red. He deserved to go anyone claiming otherwise after watching that replay takes bias to a whole new level

Come on there was no stamp. You can at least admit that. Do you really think that should have been a straight red.

The old removing conspiracy raises it's head again.

FFS people, do you like good football or not? That optimises attacking football, would you forget about a business deal 15 yrs ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Just what a unbelievable player CR7 is. The man is just a machine. He's got just a phenomenal goal scoring record and comes up with the goals when his sides needs them.His last couple of months are the best I've seen from any player ever,scoring braces and hat-tricks against the best teams in the world for fun.

The Super Cup between Spain's and England's most successful clubs and of the biggest clubs in the world should be a amazing spectacle too watch.Roll on August.

Yea that typo reading boss would have humiliated me :)

Yeah you edited it because of a typo reading boss? :D

Anyway in fairness man I can kind of understand why you'd still wish an ex player well and stuff. So fair enough really.

Come on there was no stamp. You can at least admit that. Do you really think that should have been a straight red.

Lol no stamp.......have you watched the replay. I suggest you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

The lack of a mother means the unit can not be called a family? odd thing to say.

Yeah you edited it because of a typo reading boss? :D

Anyway in fairness man I can kind of understand why you'd still wish an ex player well and stuff. So fair enough really.

I did, all I changed was bias instead of boss. Post is as was other wise. Hopefully a mod will verify and put your mind at ease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

He definitely tried to catch him when he was walking by, the angle is bad but you can still see the intent..

https://streamable.com/c0614

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

No. But Ronaldo's mother, who endured a troubled marraige while bringing up a child progidy, was. Touching and classy gesture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The age excuse for Juventus tonight is nonsense. Real took control of the game from the start of the second half and on, if age starts kicking in then I'd question someone playing in a final. It happens in finals sometimes that teams just take it by the scruff of the neck and Real did exactly that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement