Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Final | Juventus V Real Madrid KO 19:45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

LiamoSail wrote: »
    FFS, where do you even start with this? My abiding memory of the last super Bowl was the patriots cheerleaders, I wouldn't be crediting them with the win though

Ah I think he's 100% on the wind up. I wouldn't bother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Did you not see the other poster who's since stated he read it too and you're also wrong.

This isn't a conspiracy mate, your mind is actually playing tricks.

So he read your post at the exact same time I did two seconds before you edited it?
    And my mind is playing tricks?
    Ok so lets agree on all that. So thats an end to it. And we can all move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

LiamoSail wrote: »
    FFS, where do you even start with this? My abiding memory of the last super Bowl was the patriots cheerleaders, I wouldn't be crediting them with the win though

Ronaldo done it on one leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

So he read your post at the exact same time I did two seconds before you edited it?

I did cause i read the boss and couldn't figure out why he was writing boss until I copped it was meant to be bias.

Anyways I'm not getting involved in yer back and forth just letting you know that i had read it and you are honestly wrong

Well....we could all be lying to you or....logic could get the better of you and you could perhaps reason that if TWO people now say I'm wrong and he's happy for a mod to 're post it...well shucks I may just have gotten this one wrong.

I'll leave it to you to deduce

Edit*** see above:)

Ps. Don't do jury duty :)

Good night

astradave wrote: »
    I did cause i read the boss and couldn't figure out why he was writing boss until I copped it was meant to be bias.

Anyways I'm not getting involved in yer back and forth just letting you know that i had read it and you are honestly wrong

I'm not though, I wish I'd taken a screenshot but I wasnt to know it would turn into this nonsense.
    What he typed initially was an entirely different sentence. Then maybe he typed the new sentence and spelled boss wrong and changed it to bias which is what you saw

But hand on heart the original sentence was different. I actually think hes forgotten, dont think hes intentionally being a tool about it.
    And to be honest I wish I'd never said anything because it's all pointless and I've been accused of being on crack over it :D

I'll send him a PM and keep it off here coz no doubt he'll respond again now and this could become the new cold war :)

I'm not though, I wish I'd taken a screenshot but I wasnt to know it would turn into this nonsense.
    What he typed initially was an entirely different sentence. Then maybe he typed the new sentence and spelled boss wrong and changed it to bias which is what you saw

But hand on heart the original sentence was different. I actually think hes forgotten, dont think hes intentionally being a tool about it.
    And to be honest I wish I'd never said anything because it's all pointless and I've been accused of being on crack over it :D

HAHA man this has turned into me thinking you're on the windup...to me now thinking you're not well in the head.

Lol so I DOUBLE EDITED IT

Honestly man go get some sleep. As stated one word was changed.

You've lost it bro.

EDIT **** ( just sticking this here as you'll know it's a valid eidt)

Also st0p saying " no doubt he'll respond" when on 3 separate occasions you said you were off.

The high ground doesn't suit you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

See that's why people dont like Madrid. Too many snakey gits like Ramos and co.

Excellent team but very easy to dislike.

Like you them and Barcelona do this **** way to much
    I cheered on Real but Ramos should get a fine for that

irishman86 wrote: »
    Like you them and Barcelona do this **** way to much
    I cheered on Real but Ramos should get a fine for that

For what going to ground when contact is made. Caudrado was an idiot. He stamped on him, what do you expect. Ramos to go shake his hand.over reaction or not the end result was the right one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

niallo27 wrote: »
    So kroos stepped on his toe but the Juve lad stamped. Do you think kroos should have been sent off.

Kroos got a yellow, cuadrado got a yellow.

Both treated the same by ref.

• Advertisement

HAHA man this has turned into me thinking you're on the windup...to me now thinking you're not well in the head.

Lol so I DOUBLE EDITED IT

Honestly man go get some sleep. As stated one word was changed.

You've lost it bro.

EDIT **** ( just sticking this here as you'll know it's a valid eidt)

Also st0p saying " no doubt he'll respond" when on 3 separate occasions you said you were off.

The high ground doesn't suit you.

Yeah I know I'm mental etc. Sent you a PM so we can sort it from here without the need to do the public insults thing.

For what going to ground when contact is made. Caudrado was an idiot. He stamped on him, what do you expect. Ramos to go shake his hand.over reaction or not the end result was the right one.

Not going down, the way it went. I hate over simulation. I agree he should have gone so you are right end result was correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

NIMAN wrote: »
    Kroos got a yellow, cuadrado got a yellow.

Both treated the same by ref.

Yes he was stupid he deserved it. My point was one was stepping on his toe and the other was a stamp. I just thought it was pathetic with a few minutes to go and the game over and he was rolling around like that.

irishman86 wrote: »
    Not going down, the way it went. I hate over simulation. I agree he should have gone so you are right end result was correct

Agreed over simulation is disgusting but it's the norm these days and in a high stakes game where every inch counts players will do it. What's more idiotic is players who put themselves in a position where it could effect them.

Being dirty in a tackle and going in hard, fair enough you might get away with it.

Doing it off play, UNDER the officials nose. Bonkers. I'd say Ramos thought he won the lottery.

Yes he was stupid he deserved it. My point was one was stepping on his toe and the other was a stamp. I just thought it was pathetic with a few minutes to go and the game over and he was rolling around like that.

One is a legitimate tackle milliseconds late in game.

The other is about 5-6 seconds after an aggressive tackle has left him on his backside. It's off the ball and he actions towards the player in an aggressive revenge like manner.

What are you missing here?

Edit, never mind, bed time.

Good night all have fun

Khedira play acted too. Don't hear any abuse for him.

Agreed over simulation is disgusting but it's the norm these days and in a high stakes game where every inch counts players will do it. What's more idiotic is players who put themselves in a position where it could effect them.

Being dirty in a tackle and going in hard, fair enough you might get away with it.

Doing it off play, UNDER the officials nose. Bonkers. I'd say Ramos thought he won the lottery.

You are right in everything you say. It still doesnt stop me hating over simulation :D

Am I the only one who thinks ramos challenge to win the ball was perfectly fine?I must be old skool. He won the ball clearly and cleanly

Am I the only one who thinks ramos challenge to win the ball was perfectly fine?I must be old skool. He won the ball clearly and cleanly

Thought it was top class.

• Advertisement

Khedira play acted too. Don't hear any abuse for him.

Im sure if it got the player sent off he would have been abused. The fact it was Ramos and the game was over probably made it worse

Im sure if it got the player sent off he would have been abused. The fact it was Ramos and the game was over probably made it worse

Cuadrado was on a yellow, he was beaten to the ball fairly, he stood on a players foot cos he took the huff, he got a 2nd yellow.

I have zero sympathy for him, irrespective of ramos ' reaction

Last post honestly I promise. He didn't get the player sent off the player got himself sent off with his actions. Ramos didn't go over and say "hey mate, try and stamp on me"

You have to assume the referee officiating one if the highest sporting events in world sport has been trained on over simulation.

It's also not Ramos fault that Cuadrado clearly and on with a chip on his shoulder and had already received a booking prior to the incident.

Anyway good night, honestly it's like teaching ABCs in here sometimes.

Last post honestly I promise. He didn't get the player sent off the player got himself sent off with his actions. Ramos didn't go over and say "hey mate, try and stamp on me"

You have to assume the referee officiating one if the highest sporting events in world sport has been trained on over simulation.

It's also not Ramos fault that Cuadrado clearly and on with a chip on his shoulder and had already received a booking prior to the incident.

Anyway good night, honestly it's like teaching ABCs in here sometimes.

Whats an ABC

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wardling

Really enjoyed that. Very entertaining! Had a bit of everything

Ramos over reacted.

Watch a replay of the game again some time, you'll see maybe 18 or 19 other players over reacting.

It's been like that in football for 20 years+, have any of you been watching football on TV in recent years?

• Advertisement

Ramos over reacted.

Watch a replay of the game again some time, you'll see maybe 18 or 19 other players over reacting.

It's been like that in football for 20 years+, have any of you been watching football on TV in recent years?

True true still annoys me though.

True true still annoys me though.

It annoys me, but hey, what are we gonna do about it.

I wish everyone stayed on their feet as best they could, but in a win at all costs business, players cheat.

Who said it wasnt :confused:
    I thought it was brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,297 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

kona wrote: »
    Id love to see barca 2009/2010 v this real team with ronaldo.

That Barcelona team would completely dismantle this Real team .
    The midfield of Xaxi,Iniesta,and Busquets would overrun Kroos and Modric .
    They are good players but they would have been out of their depth.

Its only a couple of months ago that a jaded Barcelona beat Real in the Bernabeu , completely outclassing the Real midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Paleblood wrote: »
    The Brazilian Ronaldo was better. He had good skills and he was Brazilian.

Ah yes, but if you ignore the fact he was Brazilian then he wasn't Brazilian at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Bret Hart wrote: »
    The Super Cup between Spain's and England's most successful clubs and of the biggest clubs in the world should be a amazing spectacle too watch.Roll on August.

Haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Haha!

?

They are the most successful clubs in both counties and by all measures of size the biggest clubs in the world.

As for a spectacle it will be that if only for abu's to have something to cry/laugh about.

Ronaldo
    A nothing player bill
    Not a big game player bill
    Thanks bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Dunphy called them out with similar criticism in the semis to be fair. I am not saying he doesn't hyperbole but he has said some of the stuff before, and a good bit of the faults he highlighted then were exposed tonight

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. I had to turn off RTE when Dunphy started talking about how Real deserved the win, but they weren't a great team deserving of the first back-to-back CL victories. Why does he always feel the need to spout such BS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Ronaldo
    A nothing player bill
    Not a big game player bill
    Thanks bill

Do you ever get tired of posting that? Every.Single.Time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Notorious wrote: »
    Dunphy called them out with similar criticism in the semis to be fair. I am not saying he doesn't hyperbole but he has said some of the stuff before, and a good bit of the faults he highlighted then were exposed tonight

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. I had to turn off RTE when Dunphy started talking about how Real deserved the win, but they weren't a great team deserving of the first back-to-back CL victories. Why does he always feel the need to spout such BS?
    Is he retiring after this season? I haven't watched a single match in rte that I can find elsewhere in years to avoid the pathetic clickbaity sh*te that rtes coverage is with him on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Enjoyable game, best team won, real a big game team with a ruthless big game mentality who got the job done and ran juventus into the ground in the second half.
    Ramos indulging in asshattery should not detract from him once again having a big game in a big final.
    I asked the question when the Semi-finals were on, are Juventus the biggest underachieving club in Europe? Only 2 European cups in their history, which given their dominance in Italy in recent years and historically is piss poor. (one could argue they probably would not have won in 85 either but for the curcumstances surrounding the game in Heysel, which make the game/result very unimportant).
    Apart from the aging Alves, they had no real pace in attack, and higuin fluffed his lines big time when he had a good chance late on.
    Italian soccer is of a poor standard at present, and it is probably effecting them in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Madrid deserved it but after what Ramos did, it really hit home about what football is about nowadays, sickening ****.

That Barcelona team would completely dismantle this Real team .
    The midfield of Xaxi,Iniesta,and Busquets would overrun Kroos and Modric .
    They are good players but they would have been out of their depth.

Its only a couple of months ago that a jaded Barcelona beat Real in the Bernabeu , completely outclassing the Real midfield.

I dont know would they dismantle them, taking that Real have always been capable of beating Barcelona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Was hoping Juve would win and finally see the legend Buffon get his due CL medal, but the butt hurt CR is having in some is a consolation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Only skimmed through the last few pages.

Can someone point me in the direction of the ''Butthurt''Ronaldo posts?

Cause all I can see is people talking about it yet nobody moaning about Ronaldo

Was hoping Juve would win and finally see the legend Buffon get his due CL medal, but the butt hurt CR is having in some is a consolation

Hang on am I reading that right the butt hurt ronaldo is having.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Only skimmed through the last few pages.

Can someone point me in the direction of the ''Butthurt''Ronaldo posts?

Cause all I can see is people talking about it yet nobody moaning about Ronaldo

A lot of the usual Ronaldo haters are conspicuous by their absense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hang on am I reading that right the butt hurt ronaldo is having.

Of course, of course ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Modric is by far the best midfielder in the world, brilliant again last night.

Second half performance from Real was something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I was a once a Ronaldo skeptic.

I've come to the conclusion that the reason for my scepticism a few years ago was almost purely based on Lionel Messi. And I'm not ashamed to say that.

I just preferred Messi, therefore in my head, Ronaldo could never really reach that level. I'd made my decision. I was a Messi man.

But honestly, the numbers he is producing, and in the biggest of games, at the most important of times, are astonishing. He hasn't tried to flog a dead horse in terms of his body. He's had the intelligence to recognise that he was becoming limited in what he could offer his teams as a marauding, goalscoring wide forward. So that lad decided to make himself the best number 9 in the world.

And he is. Without question.

He is astonishing, and an inspiration to anyone who wants to make themselves the very best they can be. A phenomenon.

I don't even bother with the Messi comparisons anymore. It's stupid, and sucks the joy out of watching 2 of the greatest footballers we'll ever see do things, and hit numbers, we may never see again.

Ronaldo has proven me very wrong in having any reservations about him ever.

Another Ballon D'Or is on its way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

SlickRic wrote: »
    Another Ballon D'Or is on its way.

It's amazing that Messi had a 4-1 lead in Ballon D'Ors at one stage, and now it's looking like they'll be tied on 5-5.

Still always remarkable to think as well that between them, they'll have won 10 in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Madrid deserved it but after what Ramos did, it really hit home about what football is about nowadays, sickening ****.
    What did he do (I turned over when it went to 3-1)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

blueser wrote: »
    What did he do (I turned over when it went to 3-1)?

Cuadrado stood on him and he was overly theatrical in dealing with the injury. Ref got decision right though, lunacy by cuadrado.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

SlickRic wrote: »
    I was a once a Ronaldo skeptic.

I've come to the conclusion that the reason for my scepticism a few years ago was almost purely based on Lionel Messi. And I'm not ashamed to say that.

I just preferred Messi, therefore in my head, Ronaldo could never really reach that level.

Reach what level, they've always been pretty even in terms of goals. In terms of ability he's not close to Messi's level, Messi can do things on the pitch that Ronaldo can only dream of, let's be honest.

Ronaldo is a phenom though, there is no denying.

Advertisement