Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skerries Community College - oversubscribed?

Options
  • 03-06-2017 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

We are moving to Skerries next year (from abroad). 
    We are not familiar with the area as we lived in Dublin city before. I'm hoping to get the kids in to one of the local primary schools, which (hopefully) is not going to be too hard. 
    The oldest will be starting secondary school after a couple of years. My understanding is that Skerries Community College is pretty oversubscribed because of the expanding community. 
    Do most kids get a place, or is it difficult? Should I put the kids' names down before we even move? Where do the local kids, who don't manage to get a place in SCC go? 
    Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Your best bet would be to call the school to register your child & discuss your situation as soon as possible. However, they may not accept registration until you have actually moved to the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bunt25

Thank you The Hill Billy. I did email the school a few weeks back, but they never replied. I'll give them a call and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

The school should have an admissions policy on its website, which explains how they deal with more applications than places availabile

Advertisement