Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build house vacant 11 years later.

Options
  • 03-06-2017 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

There's a townhouse/apartment in Baldoyle that has never been lived in. It still has concrete floors and the original furnishings and this is 11 years later. I'm not sure if it was ever wold by the developer or not. In today's market it's worth 220K or 1500PM.

Who could I contact to enquire about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

One of the apartments in The Coast?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

There's a townhouse/apartment in Baldoyle that has never been lived in. It still has concrete floors and the original furnishings and this is 11 years later. I'm not sure if it was ever wold by the developer or not. In today's market it's worth 220K or 1500PM.

Who could I contact to enquire about this?

It was on the market at significantly above this price point- and languished (despite a number of offers). If it were to be sold now- it would likely get significantly more than you're suggesting- recent sales of comparable units in the area have been very well received. Also- and a little against what you'd imagine- a bare blank canvas is probably worth more to most prospective purchasers.

The issue is a dispute between the developer and their lender which to this day has not been resolved. It does not mean the property is in NAMA (I don't believe it is)- it is however a bargaining chip and the developer is in all probability happy to leave it sit as an appreciating asset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

It was on the market at significantly above this price point- and languished (despite a number of offers). If it were to be sold now- it would likely get significantly more than you're suggesting- recent sales of comparable units in the area have been very well received. Also- and a little against what you'd imagine- a bare blank canvas is probably worth more to most prospective purchasers.

The issue is a dispute between the developer and their lender which to this day has not been resolved. It does not mean the property is in NAMA (I don't believe it is)- it is however a bargaining chip and the developer is in all probability happy to leave it sit as an appreciating asset.

OH I know a blank canvas is alot more desirable.

When was it on the market? It hasn't been in the 2 years I have following the property market

the_syco wrote: »
    One of the apartments in The Coast?

Yea in Myrtle.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

OH I know a blank canvas is alot more desirable.

When was it on the market? It hasn't been in the 2 years I have following the property market

2010- offer of 240k wholly ignored (aka the prospective buyer eventually gave up trying to buy nearly a year after their initial offer went in- the sellers solicitor advised they were having significant difficulty getting any responses (at all) out of the advised seller. Eventually- fully a year later- the prospective buyer (who I'm familiar with) walked.

240k was a very reasonable price for the unit- the seller had absolutely no intention of engaging with the sale though- my understanding is they had a gun to their head from one of their lenders- and were simply going through the motions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yea in Myrtle.
    The reason I asked was that there are a few listed "not for sale" on the Nama website. I wonder if that was one of them?

the_syco wrote: »
    The reason I asked was that there are a few listed "not for sale" on the Nama website. I wonder if that was one of them?

There's no address, but it has to be one of them.

Advertisement