Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends at UCD?

• 04-06-2017 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm an American high school student and I'm looking at studying medicine at UCD in the 6 year program. If I did get in, would it be hard to make friends? I've heard that its harder to make friends there than at an American school, and that it's lonely on weekends since most people go home, is this true? If it is, is trinity different?

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

It's easy to make friends. Plenty of societies and events. It may be a bit quieter around campus on the weekends but there's still plenty going on, it's just a matter of finding the right people.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Fiona G

You will have no trouble making friends if you put yourself out there. I have no experience with Trinity but the atmosphere around UCD is really welcoming and even on weekends there is plenty happening. Some Irish people will go home at weekends but there will always be a large amount of international students in the residential areas at all times of the year.

The few American med students I have met seem to enjoy the course and have made plenty of friends. There is an active Medical Society that hold events at the start of the year to make friends too within the course as well plenty of other fresher events.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 oikle

If you live on campus you'll have no trouble making friends. There are loads of American students here.

Advertisement