Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on WiFi printing needed please

Options
  • 04-06-2017 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi all this might sound stupid but hopefully not all of you will laugh !! Is it possible to have a set up where I can print to a WiFi printer from an iPhone 5s and from a Bush Android tablet without having a computer or a laptop ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I know my HP printer has an app you can use to print straight from the phone. No computer needed.

Isn't there air print as well that you can set up on the iphones?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 pneireland

mel.b wrote: »
    I know my HP printer has an app you can use to print straight from the phone. No computer needed.

Thanks for that mel.b. Which printer model is it please ? Also did u not need to put whatever cd came with the printer, into a computer to do the initial setting up?

I never used a cd to set up the printer - just plugged it in and connected it to the wifi. Mine is a HP officejet Pro 8710. My parents also have a HP and they use airprint to print from the ipad, so it would be the same to print from the iphone.
    https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201387

I never used a cd to set up the printer - just plugged it in and connected it to the wifi. Mine is a HP officejet Pro 8710. My parents also have a HP and they use airprint to print from the ipad, so it would be the same to print from the iphone.
    https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201387

Oh, that's great news ....I'd continually read about CDs that came with the printers and which had to be run from a computer to do the set up and just assumed that had to be done before anything else could be attempted !!

Maybe older printers do, but not newer ones AFAIK. My printer has a little display and it just walked me through the steps on that of connecting to the wifi network.

• Advertisement

Maybe older printers do, but not newer ones AFAIK. My printer has a little display and it just walked me through the steps on that of connecting to the wifi network.

Awe thanks for that mel.b. Was thinking I was gonna have to go and buy a computer or a laptop that I might never use much, just to print a few bits of emails off my phone or tablet 😊

Hi guys n girls - anyone able to advise me on how to get jammed paper out of my Canon pixma mg4250 printer? Paper has torn and I can't get at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭irelandrover

pneireland wrote: »
    Hi guys n girls - anyone able to advise me on how to get jammed paper out of my Canon pixma mg4250 printer? Paper has torn and I can't get at it.

Funny but of absolutely no use to
    me 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

airprint compatible is the printer standard that you want for wifi printing from IOS.

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201311

list of devices, there from apple.

• Advertisement

airprint compatible is the printer standard that you want for wifi printing from IOS.

thanks Xterminator - got it working well and got the jammed paper cleared as well - my next and hopefully final question now is, how do I print from my bush android tablet to the same cabin pixma mg4250 printer - I've tried.a thing called printershare which has been able to print a test page but it's a subscription thing, which I'm hoping to avoid. There's also a cloud print but they printer and the tablet don't seem to be able to see each other, and it's the same if I try Cannon print service!

its less standardised on android because of the wide range of models and manufacturers.

try installing Canon Print Service from google play store (or sideload if you have to).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Use google cloud print if the printer and tablet support it.

Thanks again folks - will give it another go tonight

its less standardised on android because of the wide range of models and manufacturers.

try installing Canon Print Service from google play store (or sideload if you have to). Thanks for that Xterminator will try it tonight - what does side load it mean ? 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

pneireland wrote: »

That's why I said:

side load is where you cannot use google play store (or the app ypu want is not google play store), eg on a kindle etc.

in that cause you change the security settings to allow 3rd party apps, then download and pen the apk file. this installs the app on your device.
    its only an issue for you if you cannot use google play store as the canon print app is available there.

Advertisement