Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Securecomm Comms Failure

Options
  • 04-06-2017 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have had the GSM unit installed for about two months and am experiencing a comms failure on fairly regular intervals. This happens at 3:02 in the morning so I am normally woken by the panel beeping. On each occasion that the comms failure has happened the time is less than 20 seconds away from 3:02. This suggests something as precise as a computer system. Does anyone else experience this? It's it possible that the network is running regular maintenance tasks in the middle of the night when we are all supposed to be asleep?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

How old is your system? Mobile phone networks usually refresh in the early hours of the morning.
    You have the GSM unit 2 months, but how old is the control panel, were they installed at the one time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KingArthur

The system is about 8 years old but the GSM bored was installed about two months ago. It was previously connected via a landline. The problem started about 3 days after the board was installed. The company who installed said that it just happens once in a while if the network goes down but this has happened 8 times in two months, mostly at weekends (Thursday onwards). The fact that it is exactly at the same time every time convinces me that it is some kind of automated process on the network. It only happens when the alarm is not armed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

I would give the company that installed that GSM unit a call, that should be still under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 davehogan100

Is the system monitored? Whats the exact error message your getting is it a GSM Fault or a Comms Fault? Theres a number of steps you can take to mitigate these kind of issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

Push out the GSM fault reporting time get the installation company to do it for you

KingArthur wrote: »
    I have had the GSM unit installed for about two months and am experiencing a comms failure on fairly regular intervals. This happens at 3:02 in the morning so I am normally woken by the panel beeping. On each occasion that the comms failure has happened the time is less than 20 seconds away from 3:02. This suggests something as precise as a computer system. Does anyone else experience this? It's it possible that the network is running regular maintenance tasks in the middle of the night when we are all supposed to be asleep?

• Advertisement
Advertisement