Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Active Fitness vs Warehouse Gym?

Options
  • 04-06-2017 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    Hoping for some advice. I decided to join the gym for the first time ever as I really want to get into my fitness this summer and become more healthy and get toned.

I'm based in Galway and I'm just looking for any advice on ideas on the best gym to join. I've been in gyms before and I've gone on the cross trainer, which I really liked. I also looked at the weights and I've always really wanted to try them but I was too scared as I'm based in Galway and I'm just looking for any advice on ideas on the best gym to join. I've been in gyms before and I've gone on the cross trainer, which I really liked.

I also looked at the weights and I've always really wanted to try them but I was too scared as they looked intimidating I was too shy to ask for help and I didn't want to try any of them by myself as I was afraid I'd injure myself! But I've also read so much about the benefits. Would anyone have any advice on this? When joining the gym should I approach some of the gym staff, explain my situation and ask to be shown how to use the weights? I don't want nerves to hold me back!

I've narrowed my gym choices down to either Active Fitness or Warehouse Gym as I'm a GMIT student so these are the closest to me. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I would imagine Active would suit you far better as it's a general all around gym with a pool and all the rest.

Warehouse Gym is really a proper lifters gym and doesn't offer pool/sauna/steamroom facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

go in and ask both of them for a trial and see how you get on.

Advertisement