Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of deposit

Options
  • 04-06-2017 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭

My landlord has given me my 28 days notice to leave which is to June 27th. I may have found a place to move into which suits me on June 18th. I'm wondering will I lose all or part of my deposit if I take it? I've got a fairly long list of requirements which this place meets most of so I can't leave it go but I don't want to me out of pocket either if I can avoid it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Talk to your landlord. I doubt it will be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I have a licence agreement rather then a lease as it's owner occupied if that changes anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Gael23 wrote: »
    My landlord has given me my 28 days notice to leave which is to June 27th. I may have found a place to move into which suits me on June 18th.
    He has given you notice to be gone by the 27th. Thus I really doubt he'll mind if you leave early. As said, talk to him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I got until July 7th to move and left on May 21st. Got whole deposit back + refund of rent for remainder of May.
    Can't see why it would be an issue, I'm sure your landlord would be glad for you to be gone ASAP especially as the have asked you to leave themselves.
    Him and his missus couldn't use up the spaces in the kitchen etc I was vacating quick enough :)

Advertisement