Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Hair Removal

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Hi Milli Milli, did you find that the laser worked on your blonde hairs too? I would be pretty fair, although my bikini would be darker. Would love to get this done if I thought I'd get results!

I hadn't realised I had so much blonde hair on my legs. I only noticed them after the dark hairs didn't grow back. So the laser didn't work on the blonde hair.
    Sometimes your 'blonde' hair may be light brown. In this case you would have a better chance of it working.

I have light brown hairs on my thighs. I notice them in winter but in summer the sun bleaches them.
    In my case the laser didn't really 'get' the light brown hairs but in my last session it seems to have gotten a good few. I can't really explain why. It could be that there is a mixture of dark to light.

The therapists told me I had a mixture of dark & light and I should get good results. I did get good results so I can't fault them there. The blonde hair that's left on my legs - I can barely feel it, it's so soft & sparse, but you can see it if you're in silhouette. I'm sure others can't see it, so I'll probably leave it as it is.

If the therapist is any good they will tell you what kind of results you'll get though.

Edit - I just want to add that my thighs aren't really that hairy. I used to only shave the lower half - that is until I shared a room with a girl and she shaved three quarters of her leg, so I started doing the same, because I was a bit paranoid about the hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

Electrolysis is the most permanent and certainly most effective on lighter or grey hairs, of which I've plenty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 caileen

So do you recommend therapie then? They definitely seem to be the cheapest. I haven't shaved in years as I'd always waxed but I've begun shaving again to start for treatment. I shaved last night and today it is not smooth today, really depressing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

My experience of Therapie is not great in the longer term, because hair eventually regrows, maybe not all of it, but a good deal. It's 'in-built- that you will need a few sessions maintenance every year. And they never told me that grey hairs are not affected by laser, only admitting this when I queried them......

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kathy sera

I Just had my 4th session at Sensius and the results so far have been amazing!!, I decided just to call in for a consultation and yes, it’s the best present I ever gave myself!. The girls at Sensius make you feel so comfortable from the start, I can't rate them highly enough. I never expected the results to be this good. I would highly recommend Sensius for laser hair removal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 caileen

kathy sera wrote: »
    I Just had my 4th session at Sensius and the results so far have been amazing!!, I decided just to call in for a consultation and yes, it’s the best present I ever gave myself!. The girls at Sensius make you feel so comfortable from the start, I can't rate them highly enough. I never expected the results to be this good. I would highly recommend Sensius for laser hair removal.

Thanks for this, I've sent them an email. May I ask which machine they use?

Advertisement