Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed. Getting over leaving a class.

Options
  • 04-06-2017 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm a substitute teacher. Was in a class for just under 6 weeks, and during this time I became quite attached to the class. They had a great sense of humour, were well behaved, were interested in every topic.

There was one boy in particular that I got on extremely well with. I came to view him almost as the younger brother I never had. We used to chat, joke, laugh, discuss books. He was like a younger version of me. I finished up in the school last Friday, and I'm heartbroken since that I won't see the class again, particularly this boy. Is this reaction normal when leaving your first (somewhat) long term class? I only qualified last year so am not accustomed to this yet. Usually only got 2-3 days until now.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Would be unusual in such a short term post, I think, But yes, when subbing, I cried leaving some places.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Gonna have to get used to moving on.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

I cried when my class left on their summer holidays last year.

Belted my knee jumping over the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Your next class will be lucky to have such a caring teacher, my son is one. I'll ask him if he ever felt like that. He's away gallavanting tho in South America at the moment and won't be home for a month. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

There was one boy in particular that I got on extremely well with. I came to view him almost as the younger brother I never had. We used to chat, joke, laugh, discuss books.
    Would you consider adopting him?

• Advertisement
Advertisement