Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Love Manchester

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well done Ariana lovely ending to the concert. She never rushed any of it even went over the time it was supposed to finish at. it was a great concert and fair play to her for organising it all.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Worst moment of the night - Grande and Cyrus attempting "Don't Dream It's Over". Doesn't suit either woman's voice

In fairness the 'backyard' version that's up on Youtube is great. I first heard of Ariana Grande when I found it while looking for the Crowded House version. Tonight's attempt was disappointing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Didn't know who she was two weeks ago but fair play.

Enjoyable concert, particularly the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Ah Over the Rainbow was the perfect finish - looked like all there had a lovely evening -

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

My one memory of this gig is ariana running up and down the stage like a blue arsed fly.

Fair play to her, one for reeling in the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Fair play to Grande for organising this there are plenty of artists who in her shoes would just have had their people sent out a press release and donated a few quid. Lots of acts I wouldn't be fans of but still enjoyable. Hopefully lots of money was raised.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Well done to Ariana Grande,different generation to an old rocker like me,but I thought she was fantastic out there particularly at the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

An awful its Noel and Liam couldn't put their differences aside for one night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

pilly wrote: »

Has there been anything to suggest there were attempts made to get them together for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Liam sounded great. Well done to all involved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

pilly wrote: »

That would've taken away from the whole reason for the concert. It would've turned into the Liam & Noel show. It was the wrong place and time for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Nice to see Piers Morgan apologising
    https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/871465038699270145

That would've taken away from the whole reason for the concert. It would've turned into the Liam & Noel show. It was the wrong place and time for it.

Inclined to agree when I think about it. It was the wrong audience

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

There was an eclectic mix of music genres tonight. Ariana Grande showed more tact and maturity by organising this event.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Thanks kopite. Fair play to him. Shooting from the lip, is generally not a good idea. Tweeting nearly demands it.
    Enjoyed the concert. Hope it helped the healing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

That was a very enjoyable and very tasteful concert. Credit to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Liam sounded like he always does - a punk version of John Lennon. Not my cup of tea, but fair play to him for turning up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

kopite386 wrote: »

What did he apologies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

Enjoyed that. Got my hopes up there for an Oasis reunion but wasnt to be. Pity would have been some moment. I thought Liams voice has lost it. Bad form to sing his new single, not the time or place. Half the teenyboppers there probably hadnt a clue who he was. But will probably reflect badly on Noel for not being there. Do they really not talk? Must be awkward round there mas on Christmas! I actually thought Liam was going to leave the stage without acknowledging Chris Martin there at the end, bet he cant stand all those acts!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Who booked Imogen Heap? So morose and out of place

• Advertisement

Fair play to everyone involved whether youre a fan or not.

Hopefully it gave the audience newer, happier memories than two weeks ago..ariana made good on her words..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

Agree. Never heard of her

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Enjoyed that. Got my hopes up there for an Oasis reunion but wasnt to be. Pity would have been some moment. I thought Liams voice has lost it. Bad form to sing his new single, not the time or place. Half the teenyboppers there probably hadnt a clue who he was. But will probably reflect badly on Noel for not being there. Do they really not talk? Must be awkward round there mas on Christmas! I actually thought Liam was going to leave the stage without acknowledging Chris Martin there at the end, bet he cant stand all those acts!

Huh???

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭forumuser

Miley sang her new single as well, it wasn't just Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Grande said she was one of her idols so I imagine she asked her.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Ariana introduced her as her 'idol' so I presume she asked her

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Whats with all the posts on social media. The kids don't even know who Liam is.

They hadn't a clue....

They didn't even show much crowd sure??? How does everyone know this?

I'm sure if you grow up in Manchester no matter what age you know who Liam & Noel are ffs.

Big smug posts. Gob****es

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Fair play to rte not squeezing in ads..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    Fair play to rte not squeezing in ads..

Noticed that too. They couldn't have had ads though. There wasn't much space between acts. I really enjoyed the whole thing now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Well done Ariana for organising such an incredible concert. It really sums up what a fantastic young woman she is to have the strength and bravery to play such a leading role in it given how recent the Manchester and London attacks were.

Advertisement