Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Love Manchester

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,965 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'll have to try and watch the last half hour of the show tonight. But, for any musician to have a terrorist attack at their concert must be a harrowing thing to have to have happen. But for a 23year old young woman to come back and put on a concert like that so soon after that shows her character. I'll admit I'm not an Arianna grande fan but she won me over tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

I was at her concert in Dublin 2 weeks ago and to hear of the attack in Manchester unfolding just two days later was shocking to say the least. The uninhibited joy on display that night in Dublin and Manchester was such a contrast to the panic and terror. Glad to see that Ariana returned with friends in tow to show her solidarity and empathy. An admirable young woman, in both talent and personality terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭redshoes15

Watched on tv and must admit I felt a wee bit emotional at parts. Can't say I've ever been a fan of Ariana Grande but what a decent young woman. It must have been exceptionally difficult for her to perform in Manchester so soon after the heinous act carried out at her concert and very difficult indeed for many of the survivors in the crowd, particularly after the events in London last night. The additional gestures she has made are also to be admired. Well done to all who took part also. Job very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

Sad that Oasis didn't at least get together for one song. I have 2 sisters who don't speak so I imagine it's like that. Very awkward family occasions.

Liam did ok. His voice isn't great but he tried.

Miley Cyrus is such a pain. The uber confidence is sickening & talking crap. Well done to the lady who organised it. Had never really heard of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

It was a great production. Reminded me of the concert for diana and the Olympic closing ceremony in London.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Liam rushed back from a festival in Germany to play a few songs in his hometown and in the past he's made a sport out of insulting Chris Martin but last night was about getting together and playing a few tunes so well done to them all. Liam's not happy with Noel today, here are some of his tweets.
    What an amazing night last night pure love vibrations nobody comes close to Manchester love forever LG x

Oh and if anybody's seen rkid tell him he can come out now as you were LG x

Manchester id like to apologise for my brothers absence last night very disappointed stay beautiful stay safe LG x

Noels out of the ****ing country weren't we all love get on a ****ing plane and play your tunes for the kids you sad ****

**** the reunion mate it ain't about oasis it's about people helping other people and he's once again shown his true ****ing colours

Got a glimpse of the gig today. Don't know much about her but Ariana Grande is an absolute class act. Some beautiful scenes in Manchester last night. She should be very proud of herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Liam rushed back from a festival in Germany to play a few songs in his hometown and in the past he's made a sport out of insulting Chris Martin but last night was about getting together and playing a few tunes so well done to them all. Liam's not happy with Noel today, here are some of his tweets.

In hindsight, I think Noel was right not to appear...? It would've taken way from the reasoning behind the actual concert.

Liam should shut up and think before shooting his gob off like that!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

why were a lot of Manchester acts ignored like The Stone Roses (they have a song called One Love) ???

Would love to see Oasis reform but its not looking likely

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    why were a lot of Manchester acts ignored like The Stone Roses (they have a song called One Love) ???

Would love to see Oasis reform but its not looking likely

I'd say the gig was more so aimed at Ariana's fans and that sort of teen target market who are into Miley Cyrus, Katie Perry, Niall Horan etc. You could see a lot of the crowd bewildered by Liam given they probably were still in nappies during Oasis' heyday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Personally I think Liam Gallagher has came out of this looking again like the bellend he can be (And I am a huge fan of Oasis, even like some of Beady Eye stuff -some)
    He has taking advantage of the situation to make it about himself, in his own little way. It is all publicity for a "feud" (which is intensely fabricated for the most part by himself and the media) and gives him headlines he doesn't need.

I don't believe for a minute Liam really feels that Noel has committed some heinous crime but has seized on it to garner a bit of publicity as he has slipped below the radar of late. It was like last year when he went onto the Oasis twitter account and personally tweeted O.A.S.I.S , one tweet after another which caused hysteria.

Respect for him for turning up though, it would have been epic if they played together again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

kopite386 wrote: »

I would see that as making it about him again. He's odious

snowflaker wrote: »
    I would see that as making it about him again. He's odious

Precisely. Horrible to even see a tweet or even his name on this thread. Why does anyone care if he "apologised". The whole "criticise the young girl" was another, sadly successful, means of him keeping him relevant by taking the hyperbole controversial approach to everything and diverting every big media story to himself . He got all the headlines, made the whole thing about him and licked his lips with all the criticism and attention that came his way.

Then, he took to twitter at precisely the right time to tweet the "apology" when twitter had so much traffic so as to make more headlines and once again make it about himself.

I am always shocked that people can't recognise how he and Katie Hopkins use these "controversial views" (which are clearly just used to garner attention) on twitter.
    He is a bellend but sadly a very manipulative streetwise one and knows his market!

Tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

unichick wrote: »
    Sad that Oasis didn't at least get together for one song. I have 2 sisters who don't speak so I imagine it's like that. Very awkward family occasions.

Liam did ok. His voice isn't great but he tried.

In all honesty, I think Noel and Liam getting back together would have overshadowed what the concert was all about. It wouldn't have been right for the Oasis circus to hijack the event.

Still, I hope they do get their act together at some point.

Advertisement