Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Water Swimming Cork

Options
  • 04-06-2017 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Want to jump into a river/lake tomorrow in cork within driving distance of the city any suggestions on a good spot?

Only coming back from a shoulder injury and don't want to jump into the sea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Domo1982

Late reply but maybe for future reference...

Ballyhass Lakes outside Mallow runs open water swimming sessions on Sunday mornings(7-9) and Friday evenings(7-9)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Want to jump into a river/lake tomorrow in cork within driving distance of the city any suggestions on a good spot?

Only coming back from a shoulder injury and don't want to jump into the sea.

You can swim in the lee, its quiet shallow, out past UCC theres a spot to park and easy to get in

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

Sorry for resurrection of old thread.

Does anyone know if it is possible to swim in Loch Allua without a specific event being run. I know there is an organised event on Saturday, but unfortunately time does not suit.

I am living in West Cork, so Mallow is a little too far to head for a swim.

I have signed up for IMUK, which is a lake swim, and all my swims to date have been in sea or Lough Hyne (seawater lake) and want to try out a lake swim to see if there is much of a difference.

Or any other freshwater lakes in the area.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Sorry for resurrection of old thread.

Does anyone know if it is possible to swim in Loch Allua without a specific event being run. I know there is an organised event on Saturday, but unfortunately time does not suit.

I am living in West Cork, so Mallow is a little too far to head for a swim.

I have signed up for IMUK, which is a lake swim, and all my swims to date have been in sea or Lough Hyne (seawater lake) and want to try out a lake swim to see if there is much of a difference.

Or any other freshwater lakes in the area.

Thanks
    What about inniscarra, I no people have stopped swimming there because there was so many break ins to cars
    Actually swimming in gougane barra is dead safe. Bout 2 ish K per lap.

Advertisement