Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Speccy on Windows 10 - PC shuts down

Options
  • 04-06-2017 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Anyone else have this problem. This version which is for w 7/8/10
    spsetup 130.

Tried to run it the other day, it starts but suddently a message appears
    in large white text and filling the whole screen, says some like this,

'your computer has developed a problem and needs to shut down, we are just collecting some info first.

Only last about 30 seconds and shuts down.

I downloaded speccy 'fresh' again tonight and when I tried to run it, it gave
    me a 2 second flash of the speccy report and then same thing happened as above.

Every thing seems fine other wise when it reboots and even after running a couple of scans.

I'm afraid to run the damn thing again now:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Not sure if it's much help, but just ran speccy there to test it out. V1.30.730 and it ran fine without issues for me. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Check the event log, there should be an event for the crash, as it's being captured at least.

But my first instinct is that during it's enumeration, Speccy is calling something in a driver that's seemingly bugged, triggering the crash. The event log may pinpoint the device involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Spear wrote: »
    Check the event log, there should be an event for the crash, as it's being captured at least.

But my first instinct is that during it's enumeration, Speccy is calling something in a driver that's seemingly bugged, triggering the crash. The event log may pinpoint the device involved.

Thanks for your help, here is a screenshot.

EVENT%20VIEWER_zpsflaxqj07.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That one's not an issue, it's just a warning from the last boot, rather than the crash. The disk one could be though, what's the details on that one? And does anything dodgy precede it?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Thanks for your help, here is a screenshot.

EVENT%20VIEWER_zpsflaxqj07.jpg

After
    danjo-xx wrote: »
    This is the message I just got.

MY%20HARD%20DRIVE%20CRASHING_zpsd2gv3q9u.jpg

SPECKY%20REPORT_zpsiqhms88d.jpg

That boards has previously diagnosed as FUBAR. Are you still running it?

If so, kinda like having your car engine go up in flames then asking why it wont drive. SATA controller is sh1tting the bed and taking the ICH down with it, crashing the machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

@ ED E

Your mixing 2 pc's up, but I can see how that happened, sorry for the confusion, this pic is from my old pc that is dying.

SPECKY%20REPORT_zpsiqhms88d.jpg

I'm no longer using this one but got a replacement with W10, that is running perfect, except when asked to run speccy for some reason.

Advertisement