Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Marine commando recruitment 2017

Options
  • 04-06-2017 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

So it's been a while since I've seen any recent posts on the Royal Marines on this forum so thought I'd kick one off. At the moment I'm getting ready for my PRMC in a couple of weeks and wondering if anyone is in the same boat. Any Lads from the south (ROI) preparing to go into training in the next couple of months. I'd also be pretty interested in anyone's past or current experiences as Royal Marine Commando from Ireland, good, bad or indifferent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Trout27

I'm doing the cadet competition at the moment, if that goes south at any stage i'd be looking at the royal marines next. ive been in contact with them but i missed their call when they phoned. did you have to go to belfast to meet with a recruitment office to get the ball rolling or could you do it over the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

Initially I filled out my details online then got a call back asking me if I wanted to go through with the application. From there they invited me up to Palace barracks to sit a psychometric test with the usual Maths, English and mechanical reasoning. That brought me to the interview and medical stage which once again had to be done up in Belfast. The last stage I did in Belfast was the PJFT which is like a pre-selection course to decide if you're fit enough to be sent to the UK for the PRMC (final selection course).

A bit of advice if you are thinking of applying I would do so now rather than later. I started my application roughly this time last year with all aspects running smoothly enough, so it will have taken me a year by the time I arrive in the UK. All the stages can be postponed if needed.

Out of interest have you any connections to the Marines, mates etc ?

Advertisement