Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armed Support Units for "major" Irish cities

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭DickoHara

Means f*ck all if they are not spending the money. It seems like 100000 or so are getting off the bus, taking a selfie and going where the action is which is Waterford. Granted Kilkenny is the hen night capital of the South East but most places are trying to move away from that particular Jeremy Kyle freak show.
    What action is in Waterford waiting for the Arabs to come bail ye out the yanks left the glass factory to ye because of shoddy workmanship strike culture down here,

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

How didn't this boil down to a KK vs Wahford slagging match?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭gw80

DickoHara wrote: »
    What action is in Waterford waiting for the Arabs to come bail ye out the yanks left the glass factory to ye because of shoddy workmanship strike culture down here,
    Ha, you sound like the bull mccabe, from the field,ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Means f*ck all if they are not spending the money. It seems like 100000 or so are getting off the bus, taking a selfie and going where the action is which is Waterford. Granted Kilkenny is the hen night capital of the South East but most places are trying to move away from that particular Jeremy Kyle freak show.

Tourists spending €30 million euro more down here. The facts don't lie.

The floodgates have opened now. Does one person notify other people that there's a KK v Waterford thing happening or do they just hang around here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Deiseen wrote: »

Kilkenny will have to start selling some Czech glass to boost the figures. Waterford is clearly thriving with all that cash...

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

The floodgates have opened now. Does one person notify other people that there's a KK v Waterford thing happening or do they just hang around here?
    If you wait long enough every thread in the waterford forum turns into a Kilkenny thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Means f*ck all if they are not spending the money. It seems like 100000 or so are getting off the bus, taking a selfie and going where the action is which is Waterford. Granted Kilkenny is the hen night capital of the South East but most places are trying to move away from that particular Jeremy Kyle freak show.

So good you had to post it trice ??

Hows yere lemons ?? :D:D:D:D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

greenspurs wrote: »
    Means f*ck all if they are not spending the money. It seems like 100000 or so are getting off the bus, taking a selfie and going where the action is which is Waterford. Granted Kilkenny is the hen night capital of the South East but most places are trying to move away from that particular Jeremy Kyle freak show.

So good you had to post it trice ??

Hows yere lemons ??     :D:D:D:D
    I posted once. Not my fault the site is completely unstable! As for Lemons? I wouldn't know. I am from Waterford posting on a Waterford forum. Not some Kilkenny douche who is proud that their city is a rest stop for visitors to Waterford:P

gobo99 wrote: »

Kilkenny will have to start selling some Czech glass to boost the figures. Waterford is clearly thriving with all that cash...
    And what did Kilkenny Design ever sell that was from Kilkenny? Virtually nothing! Waterford Crystal is a world brand recently bought for half a billion. Why don't you go to the Dublin forum and boast about Guinness being brewed mostly overseas? Probably because you'd look a bigger saddo if that were possible

• Advertisement

What  action  is  in  Waterford  waiting  for  the  Arabs  to  come  bail  ye  out  the  yanks  left  the  glass  factory  to  ye  because  of  shoddy  workmanship  strike  culture  down  here,
    That must be why the Yanks bought it for half a billion Mr. Closed (Coward)Account.

A whole 1.5%! Could you tell me how much the tourists spend in Kilkenny? Waterford must be behind on the spend too surely....

Nope....  I dont care.  My work here is done....  
    Must head for Tramore, see if i can spot any ISIS members on the Prom ! :D:D:D:D:D:pac::p

Well you won't find ISIS in Kilkenny. They probably checked out the holocaust deniers in the Kilkenny Journal and realized there would be no work for them their:D

Anyway ....
    Any bargains in Dealz ? or Mr Price ? :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,389 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

greenspurs wrote:
    Anyway .... Any bargains in Dealz ? or Mr Price ?

No, just cheap ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Anyway ....

You realise the only reason these type of stores are not operating in Kilkenny is because the cartel operating up there dont want any big stores upsetting their monoply. Sure isnt it also the reason Tesco isnt trading in the town.

You also have an one Aldi store and two Lidl stores, a discount store up beside Market Cross so i guess discount stores are also desirable in your neck of the woods.

Plenty of jobs out of these stores, are you suggesting you would rather have people out of work than have these stores in your town or does your bitterness extend to more than just discount stores? the latter seems the more likely.

alta stare wrote: »
    Anyway ....

You realise the only reason these type of stores are not operating in Kilkenny is because the cartel operating up there dont want any big stores upsetting their monoply. Sure isnt it also the reason Tesco isnt trading in the town.

You also have an one Aldi store and two Lidl stores, a discount store up beside Market Cross so i guess discount stores are also desirable in your neck of the woods.

Plenty of jobs out of these stores, are you suggesting you would rather have people out of work than have these stores in your town or does your bitterness extend to more than just discount stores? the latter seems the more likely.

He probably works in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

In Dealz :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OK get back on topic or thread will be closed. further personal attacks or name calling will result in bans.

No ..... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Noreen O'Sullivan is obviously an avid follower of the Waterford section of Boards. There were three or four checkpoints around town with armed gardai present at each of them today. Usually they are around to back up the local force when they are making intercultural enquiries but I haven't seen or heard anything yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd spotted the extra activity, with checkpoints in unusual places like the Upper Ballytruckle road by Ursuline Court, the start of the Williamstown road and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

There were 4 gardai in pairs on foot patrol between St. Joseph's and Benildus and Ardkeen today, one pair each time I drove on that road at 9.30am, 9.50am and 2.20pm, 2 pairs at 2.50pm. They looked very young and I wondered if they were newly qualified gardai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Deise Vu wrote: »
    Noreen O'Sullivan is obviously an avid follower of the Waterford section of Boards. There were three or four checkpoints around town with armed gardai present at each of them today. Usually they are around to back up the local force when they are making intercultural enquiries but I haven't seen or heard anything yet.

There was supposedly 60 checkpoints over the last few days,72 over three days according to the Journal

http://www.thejournal.ie/gardai-waterford-arrests-3456897-Jun2017/?utm_source=twitter_self

http://www.wlrfm.com/news/local/118179-waterford-gardai-crackdown-on-crime.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Waterford is now an official sanctuary for asylum seekers. Any ISIS attack there will be blood on the Council's hands.

• vriesmays wrote: »
    Waterford is now an official sanctuary for asylum seekers. Any ISIS attack there will be blood on the Council's hands.

Have I missed something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No. Well vriesmays breakdown obviously, but we all missed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Have I missed something?

https://waterford.cityofsanctuary.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

vriesmays wrote: »

Iv missed where it mentions isis attacks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

All brown people, muslims, immigrants, refugees, all of them, they're all terrorists. Surely you've heard?

Advertisement