Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atifical / fake grass

Options
  • 05-06-2017 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Moved into a new house and back garden has terrible quality grass, overgrown flower beds bordered with rotting railway sleepers.
    We hace young kids and garden is completely unusable at the moment.
    Id love to level it all and put down artifical / fake grass.
    All previous threads here on this topic are very old. Anyone got experiece with stuff? Is it possible to DIY? Or approx costs to get it done professionally? Any recommebdation on suppliers? Our garden is about 7*9 metres

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lollpop

Sanctuary synthetics are excellent, grass great quality. Not cheap though. They have a calculator on their website to work out costs. It's half the price if you DIY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Think I'm going to cry.... you can't maintain a 7*9 garden, and so are covering it with plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rebshe88

Hi we recently dug up our grass, the garden was like a bog with no drainage. We got artificial grass from the range in little island. The one we choose was €30 a meter but it depends how long you want the grass. We didn't do the whole garden just one side and put stone on the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mcgrate

pwurple wrote: »
    Think I'm going to cry.... you can't maintain a 7*9 garden, and so are covering it with plastic.

Judgemental much?

Whats good about a garden thats unusable? Grass thats riddled with stinging nettles so kids can't play on it and goes like a swamp at the first sight of rain. Should i leave it as a snail sanctuary and keep the kids indoors? Pay someone to cut the grass because ive nowhere to keep a lawnmower.. Or should i do my best to make the most of the space i have and make it child friendly and low maintenance.
    Open to your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mcgrate

Rebshe88 wrote: »
    Hi we recently dug up our grass, the garden. Was like a big with no drainage. We got artificial grass from the range in little island. The one we choose was €30 a meter but it depends how long you want the grass. We didn't do the whole garden just one side and put stone on the rest.

Thank you. Nice idea with the stone.
    Was that price incl fitting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Rebshe88

mcgrate wrote: »
    Thank you. Nice idea with the stone.
    Was that price incl fitting?

We fitted it ourselves. We put some gravel then sand down and packed it. Then Just rolled out the grass on top. We didnt need to join any but you can buy special tape to do so. The patch we have cost 180 with some off cuts to spare

Advertisement