Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noise Cancelling Headphones - €49 - Bank Holiday Monday only

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

An identical set from the same manufacturer are available for £29 today only.

Really worth it for this money.

Maybe parcel motel them..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

tedpan wrote: »

Delivery to Ireland is free so you don't need to parcel motel them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

tedpan wrote: »

Ordered this time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Haha, now i feel like I've been duped for ordering the first time! :D

I've been meaning to get a decent pair of over ear headphones for use in my shared office for a while now as my in ear ones start to get uncomfortable after a while. I've been too broke to afford a good pair though so jumped on this! Hope they're as good as everyone says! :P

grogi wrote:
    Ordered this time

Nice one!
    Doge wrote:
    Haha, now i feel like I've been duped for ordering the first time!

Me too, but had to share once I saw the email :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭clickhere

I don't think that they are the same as the one's that were on ibood originally. I used them on a flight to.Mexico recently and I have to say they were excellent. I also have a pair of Qc35s and for the price of these headphones they are great value.Thanks again tedpan.

clickhere wrote: »
    I don't think that they are the same as the one's that were on ibood originally. I used them on a flight to.Mexico recently and I have to say they were excellent. I also have a pair of Qc35s and for the price of these headphones they are great value.Thanks again tedpan.

I think they actually are the same. Only difference seems to be that this extreme sports company have rebranded the originals for the IBood offer. I could be wrong though I didn't go through the specs in detail. Both seemed to be getting similar review though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭clickhere

cronos wrote: »
    I think they actually are the same. Only difference seems to be that this extreme sports company have rebranded the originals for the IBood offer. I could be wrong though I didn't go through the specs in detail. Both seemed to be getting similar review though.

If they are the same, they are great value. You won't be disappointed with the sound and noise cancelling.

• Advertisement

Picked up a pair of the €35 euro ones, too.

I have a pair of over-ear phones but they were cheap crap i bought to replace a pair of sennheiser that had seen better days. the sennheiser were open back and so everyone in a 5km radius could hear what i was listening to, however, the new cheapo ones I bought are so cheap that there's no sound deadening in the design at all.

If you so much as move your head an inch you can hear the hard plastic creaking and crackling and rubbing against itself. Terrible.

Hopefully these will help fill the void. I rarely wear headphones (hence the move from sennheiser to cheapo) but the rare time i do, it's nice to have something half decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

**** I just jumped on this bargain thinking they were Bluetooth and only noticed now I'm the description the mention of a 3.5mm cable.
    Must try to cancel immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Decided to go for these too. Can't really go wrong for €35!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

**** I just jumped on this bargain thinking they were Bluetooth and only noticed now I'm the description the mention of a 3.5mm cable.
    Must try to cancel immediately.

I went for these instead.
    https://www.tesco.com/direct/kitsound-immerse-noise-cancelling-bluetooth-headphones-black/686-8049.prd?source=awin&awc=7090_1500378544_81189046e677d602ad037576e2bf74e5&sc_cmp=aff*awin*gmo*HotUKDeals_47868&utm_medium=gmo&utm_source=affiliate_window&utm_campaign=aff*HotUKDeals_47868

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Anyone who ordered the newest pair... Did ye get a shipping notification yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Vowel Movement

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Anyone who ordered the newest pair... Did ye get a shipping notification yet?

Nope, in my account orders its showing "Status: awaiting stock".

Nope, in my account orders its showing "Status: awaiting stock".

Same here

Mine still just says 'processing' with the bar 3/4 full, but it's been like that a few days now

Mine still just says 'processing' with the bar 3/4 full, but it's been like that a few days now

I just read the shipping details below the product. It seems to state 6-10 working days. Don't think it's been 3 yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Estimated dispatch date is 21st July

Ah ya I'm just doing a long haul flight Saturday week so would love to have them.

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Ah ya I'm just doing a long haul flight Saturday week so would love to have them.

http://www.boots.ie/health-pharmacy/travelhealth/ear-plugs/boots-pharmaceuticals-soft-disposable-foam-earplugs-3-pairs-with-carry-case-10113357

Puncture them and put a typical IEM through... The noise insulation is astonishing then, kept me asleep during my long hauls...

Oh I've just clicked into it properly and it says awaiting stock too. Hope it doesn't take too long I'm getting irritated by my loud coworkers lately :P

Money just got taken from my account so I think that means it's getting ready to dispatch!

Money just got taken from my account so I think that means it's getting ready to dispatch!

Same here. It was pending payment in PayPal, but the transaction was finished today.

-- edit

Status of the order was updated:

Est. Dispatch Date 18/07/17

• Advertisement

Order despatched. No tracking

Dispatched too. With order expected after the 3rd of August. Where are they coming from?

Pepp1989 wrote:
    Dispatched too. With order expected after the 3rd of August. Where are they coming from?

Strange, I assumed the UK

Probably is the UK and just giving themselves some breathing room.

Order on the 18th and arrived in the Dublin Parcel Motel Depot earlier today. Quicker than I expected.

• Advertisement

Pizzle wrote: »
    Order on the 18th and arrived in the Dublin Parcel Motel Depot earlier today. Quicker than I expected.

Probably Wednesday so for the rest of us maybe. I chose free ROI shipping. Didn't need them any faster through NI.

Picked up mine from Parcel Motel this morning. Impressed so far with the noise cancelling. Definitely cancels out sounds around the office. Not the most comfortable of headsets but might take a while to get used to.

Headphones arrived this morning.

Postage stamped are out of Sweden so no wonder it took a while longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Vowel Movement

Mine also arrived this morning. The best headphones I've ever had. Thanks Tedpan

Mine also arrived this morning. The best headphones I've ever had. Thanks Tedpan

Packaging is premium as well as headphones it appears. I bought them mostly for travel because airlines now give you crappy in ear sets and for some reason my wife and I have those ears that you can't seem to keep buds in. She can have my hand me down Sony noise cancelling headphones now which , although similarly priced to these, aren't anywhere near the same quality feel about them.

Picked up mine from Parcel Motel this morning. Impressed so far with the noise cancelling. Definitely cancels out sounds around the office.

Really?! I must be hard to please or have atomic hearing then :D
    Not the most comfortable of headsets but might take a while to get used to.

Yes, they are on the small size...

But the packaging feels very good, all right.

grogi wrote:
    Really?! I must be hard to please or have atomic hearing then

Yeah, in normal conditions it's ok, but really noticeable on planes. Have used them on three flights now. Gets rid of all that background hum.

It definitely drowns out sounds around the office, but if someone is talking from a couple of feet away you'll still hear them. I imagine they would be very good on a flight.

Unfortunately, they really aren't comfortable to wear on my medium/large head, especially for any extended period of time. I think I'll go back to normal Sennheiser earbuds while working.

Looks like these will be put into the gadget drawer unless someone wants to take them off my hands for a discounted price in Cork! :)

Just got them delivered to work today, popped them on and put Radiohead's Kid A on and had a blissful morning :D sound with the bass boost on is very good, far superior to any other pair of earphones or headphones I've had.

I find them pretty comfy but then again I have tiny ears so it's not hard to fit them! Packaging was very nice too, impressed with the offering for the price paid!

Thanks again tedpan you've saved my sanity :P

Only thing I'll have to check with these is to get somebody else to wear them so I can see how much sound is spilling out from them. I don't want to be "that guy" listening to my music/movie when everyone else is also burdened to hear it as well.

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    Only thing I'll have to check with these is to get somebody else to wear them so I can see how much sound is spilling out from them. I don't want to be "that guy" listening to my music/movie when everyone else is also burdened to hear it as well.

Yeah that's my only concern at the moment too!

grogi wrote: »
    Yes, they are on the small size...

Cannot deal with the size (194cm tall; the head is proportional) and sadly decided to let them go...

Anybody interested?

I'm in the same boat! Much too small for my head...kind of disappointed since the noise cancelling is quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

Am I the only one still waiting on these?

I got an email with an estimated delivery date between Fri 4th or Mon 7th. It's the 10th now and still no sign? :(

And I want them :(

I received mine last week i would email them if i was you.

finno wrote: »
    I received mine last week i would email them if i was you.

Sent them on an email there, alright. Will hopefully get sorted.

IWOOT wrote:
    Thank you for getting in touch to let us know you have not received your order.

I am really sorry to hear that you have not received this. The order was sent to you on 21-July-2017 and I would have expected it to have arrived by now.

I will investigate this with our courier provider but in the meantime I am more than happy to arrange a refund for you due to the product being out-of-stock. I will request it today and the money should be showing in your bank account in the next 3-5 working days.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards

Bah :o If I regretted buying them and wanted a refund I wouldn't get it. But when I want the product I get a refund. No fair.

Bah :o If I regretted buying them and wanted a refund I wouldn't get it. But when I want the product I get a refund. No fair.

Maybe you can buy the pair that the poster a few posts above is trying to sell on? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I may be interested in buying them from one of the guys looking to sell. I'm in dublin 12. Willing to pay post if you can price. PayPal payment once a price is agreed on

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I may be interested in buying them from one of the guys looking to sell. I'm in dublin 12. Willing to pay post if you can price. PayPal payment once a price is agreed on

Clean your inbox...

Advertisement