Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance self/spouse named driver NCB

Options
  • 05-06-2017 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi!.
    Looking for a bit of advise:
    We Started with 1 car for myself and spouse around 6 years ago, then we got another car , then sold one car so currently back to one car.

Insurance Policy in my name is continuously for the last 6 years i.e. 6 years no claim bonus.

Now for the spouse: She ws Named driver for two years on my policy initially then got policy in own name for 3 years when we had two cars and now currently she is named driver for 1.5 years on my policy having 3 year no claim bonus certificate in own name (from the 3 year policy in her own name).

We do not want her no claim bonus to expire (It's usully valid for 2 years I understand and it was issued around 1.5 year ago) so we are thinking of insuring our only car in her name and I would be a named driver on her policy then.

Please advise if it would be ok for her to get insurance in her name and use 3 year no claim bonus which was preceded and followed by being a named driver on my policy or there is some issue with named driver experience. I came across some websites that it has to be without a break or something?

I wouldn't be driving the car that much, so technically also it would be ok for her to have the policy in her name and me as a named driver on her policy.

Thanks a lot

Advertisement